• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
yes, but also trying to compare my (yet to build) room size with yours. I have the 8c and was trying to compare to see how they may/may not be loud enough. Hoping to learn something
No worries, all good … I am sure you were thinking wow, that is a massive room (assuming meters) :p

Reactions: MKR

prestigetone

I really want to see the spin data on any of Soundfields offerings. I know it’s been mentioned Erin was supposed to do a review that was mentioned a year back. And @Adi777 ordered a pair of bookshelf but real world owners are hard to come by. How do you build something that involved as a part time deal?

JohnnyAudio

I'm building a copy of Decware Headwreckers with the Lii P-10 full range driver. These may be the endgame for me. At least I won't need to use a dreaded subwoofer as the Headwreckers will go to 22 hZ.
HW1.JPG

MAB

Major Contributor
I'm building a copy of Decware Headwreckers with the Lii P-10 full range driver. These may be the endgame for me. At least I won't need to use a dreaded subwoofer as the Headwreckers will go to 22 hZ.
View attachment 350527
Do you have the drivers and have you measured them?
Do they really go to 22Hz and in what alignment and have you modeled or measured that response? I ask because it is extremely difficult for a 10" driver to produce 22Hz at any reasonable SPL, these appear to have additional headwinds by the published parameters. I am also intrigued by the published TS parameters, and if the drivers are matched with said parameters, and matched to each other.

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
Well, not sure what your budget is, but in this hobby of insane pricing, these are reasonably (it’s all relative of course) priced at $22k
That is actually less than half of what I would have guessed. Nice to hear that they are in the Sane Pricing club of the high end, with no Magicos or Wilsons in sight. I am currently quite happy with my sub-$6000 system, especially as it takes up very little space, and my listening room has far too many issues to warrant spending much more (even if I could afford it or justify the expense to the wife).

Reactions: MKR

JohnnyAudio

Do they really go to 22Hz and in what alignment and have you modeled or measured that response? I ask because it is extremely difficult for a 10" driver to produce 22Hz at any reasonable SPL, these appear to have additional headwinds by the published parameters. I am also intrigued by the published TS parameters, and if the drivers are matched with said parameters, and matched to each other.

yes, I have the drivers. Read Steve Decker's write up on the cabinet design. The drives are unusual curve, the cabinet will do 22 hZ. The drivers are Sensitivity: 103.3 dB.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
How is it possible?
Much bigger speakers with bigger cabinets and multiple bigger woofers don't go down that low.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
How big? Bigger than Kii Three+ BXT? I can already predict that the price will be out of reach for the average hobbyist
Much, much, much bigger!
Best,
Keith

prestigetone

Careful Keith, you are gonna get yourself in trouble :p
Why can't you say what they have up their sleeve? If two people from the forum know, who dont work for D&D, why cant the rest of us be clued in?

Last edited:

MAB

Major Contributor
yes, I have the drivers. Read Steve Decker's write up on the cabinet design. The drives are unusual curve, the cabinet will do 22 hZ. The drivers are Sensitivity: 103.3 dB.
Yes, cabinet is 22Hz, and speakers are moderately high sensitivity for sure.

I am interested since there is confusion on the published parameters. At least now the manufacturer publishes parameters that are self-consistent. I am interested to see what the TS parameters actually are. And, very unusual parameters they are.

Cabinet tuned to 22Hz isn't sufficient to see how the speaker does 22Hz anechoic, in a room, etc.

poopy

There are hobbyists with huge main monitors that cost like a car , so there's a market for it.
After the success of the 8C in the pro and hobbyist markets, I can't imagine D&D getting into niche products.

Look at Kii for example. Their new speaker is even more reachable for the hobbyists.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I imaging the next D&D is a 10C or 12C
Same as 8C but with bigger woofers and cabinets with optional subs BXT style

Top Bottom