• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EMI/RFI radiating from Rega Elex~r integrated amp? Dimmer switches? AC-Power?

OP
MINOR WHITE

MINOR WHITE

Next up, I recommend reading Bruno Putzeys' article "The G Word"
I guess this is also one of those reasons why having good balanced circuitry and component connections can be beneficial? If there was 'noise' generated from one component that possibly has an affect and transmittable, then the balanced "common mode' noise would be cancelled to some extent.

Thanks for the link for the white paper. I'll give that read tonight-if I can understand it all will be another issue! :D

OP
MINOR WHITE

MINOR WHITE

Found a great webinar displaying and demonstrating 'grounding' for circuitry and the issue with myths in contending with emissions. It works well as a companion to the white paper docs that a couple members here pointed me to (thanks again btw!).
The explanation and display of how signals return on ground on a circuit board, and at different frequencies, was really illuminating!
All the best.

Top Bottom