• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

OP
Dynamix

Dynamix

Addicted to Fun and Learning
And even worse... :D

Seriously Japan, get a grip! :p

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I guess the young Japanese generation (a category) like their electronica interactive live music holograms concert shows and robotic music video animations.
Robots (all type, from miniatures to real life girls) are big in Japan, like 3D is big in China, like RAP is big in North America and South Africa.
Some of the videos posted demonstrated that, and reading about it it's a fact.

French people (France) too love electronica music...Jean-Michel Jarre is very well known. And he gave some very big shows with laser lights and huge animations on large buildings. I've assisted myself to a similar show in Montreal few years ago.

Each country have their "vogue". A worldwide show of various music genre elements with amazing visuals and performances is Le Cirque du Soleil, originating from Montreal, Quebec, by two French Canadians: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque_du_Soleil

My Mom is going to see this newest one in Montreal next month:

Last edited:
OP
Dynamix

Dynamix

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I absolutely love the Japanese music scene.

fas42

Major Contributor
This is remarkable stuff ...

I found the sound needed to be in tip top shape for it to work - tremendous creativity can be found within.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
As soon as I work out how to copy over you tube vids when using this iPad mini thing I will post plenty. I love electronics. My lap top died so bought this but God knows how you use it, no alt mouse button.

fas42

Major Contributor
Good stuff ... interestingly, that video makes it trivially easy to pick the advantage of getting a 192kB stream - try listening at 480p, then switching to 720p, then back to 480p - very obvious on my laptop ...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Zappa did a little electronica on the Synclavier... Forgot about that... I listen to it once per rotation of the collection.

Example:

Or the whole thing, Civilization Phaze III

I guess I shouldn't leave out Jazz From Hell

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Which inspires me to post this piece of electronica performed manually by the Ensemble Moderne, with dance!

Zappa - G-Spot tornado

Last edited:
Top Bottom