• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 vs Emotiva B1+ without a sub

theonline3333

Hi. I am in an apartment and cannot get a sub(I don't want to get into pros and cons of no sub). I currently have the emotiva B1+ for L and R C1+ for center and neumi bs5s for surrounds with a Denon s760h avr. This is for home theater tv and movies no music.

I saw that the Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 is on sale for a little less than I paid for the emotiva B1+. The B6.2 have a bigger speaker does that mean they would be better in my home theater setup than the B1+ for bass? I would keep the C1+ center as I heard it is one of the best under $300.

I do not have a problem with the B1+ but seeing this sale on the bigger elacs since I do not have a sub would this be a better choice for me? I will be running them as Large. Would they sound ok with the c1+ center and bs5 surrounds?

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
just like Zorba said on your "other " thread.. the b6.2 is about as good as it gets for overall sound quality and decent bass at that price level .. small towers may be a better idea, but if the budget dictates bookshelves i can't think of anything clearly better .. maybe someone else will know some speakers (books) that are better...

OP
T

theonline3333

just like Zorba said on your "other " thread.. the b6.2 is about as good as it gets for overall sound quality and decent bass at that price level .. small towers may be a better idea, but if the budget dictates bookshelves i can't think of anything clearly better .. maybe someone else will know some speakers (books) that are better...
Thanks. That sounds like a good plan then. I thought since the b6.2s are usually more that getting them at this price would make them better for my use.

tw 2022

Thanks. That sounds like a good plan then. I thought since the b6.2s are usually more that getting them at this price would make them better for my use.
agreed.. there's a chance somebody knows something better , but i wouldn't bank on it...at that price there just aren't many options with decent bass...

OP
T

theonline3333

Do you think the Denon s760h avr would would be able to drive the elac b6.2 speakers well enough? The Denon is listed at 75w per channel and the b6.2s are listed at 6ohms and 120w.

tw 2022

Do you think the Denon s760h avr would would be able to drive the elac b6.2 speakers well enough? The Denon is listed at 75w per channel and the b6.2s are listed at 6ohms and 120w.
it should ,i haven't heard that those elacs are hard to drive ..one thing you can do, if the avr heats up , buy an "ac infinity" fan.. that'll keep it plenty cool which effectively gives you marginally better performance and longer life...and the fans are cheap..less than $20

OP
T

theonline3333

it should ,i haven't heard that those elacs are hard to drive ..one thing you can do, if the avr heats up , buy an "ac infinity" fan.. that'll keep it plenty cool which effectively gives you marginally better performance and longer life...and the fans are cheap..less than $20
Thanks. I will keep that in mind if there is a problem.

OP
T

theonline3333

Emotiva offered some factory renewed T0+s for just $60 more than the price of the b1+/elac b6.2 + stand. Do you think the T0+ would be a better choice for me at that price with no sub? Has 2 5.25" speakers instead of the one 6.5" in the elac. I am also pairing this with a c1+ center if that matters.

tw 2022

Emotiva offered some factory renewed T0+s for just $60 more than the price of the b1+/elac b6.2 + stand. Do you think the T0+ would be a better choice for me at that price with no sub? Has 2 5.25" speakers instead of the one 6.5" in the elac. I am also pairing this with a c1+ center if that matters.
Yes...more bass...

Top Bottom