• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch&Dutch add ‘uBacch’ to their 8C active loudspeaker

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
MK nothing recently but the summer is drawing to a close ( here in the U.K. it closed at the end of June) so as winter drawers on…
Best,
Keith

Reactions: MKR
It looks like Firmware 2.4, which includes the BACCH plugin support, was released yesterday:

However, my Ascend app is not offering a firmware update yet.

The BACCH plugin is £731 here in the UK.

Ascend is now offering me Firmware 2.4.

But ... the update has failed twice now. It takes about 10 minutes and then goes back to the screen showing that an update is available.

Last edited:
Ascend is now offering me Firmware 2.4.

But ... the update has failed twice now. It takes about 10 minutes and then goes back to the screen showing that an update is available.
The third attempt was successful. After a short while, a Reload button appears at the bottom-right. You then have to press that. I didn't see that the first two times, and eventually I guess it just timed out.

Last edited:

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It's a shame that a trial period isn't being offered to test whether it is worth the cost. C$1200 is a lot to spend on something that may not even work fully in my listening room.

GDK

Forum Donor
Use the Plugins button at the bottom-right of the Ascend app. Then choose BACCH. There are two options:
  1. Buy Now
  2. Request Trial
Hmmm... I must be being thick, but I can't see that option anywhere.

Hmmm... I must be being thick, but I can't see that option anywhere.
You need the latest version of the Ascend app in order to see the Plugins button at the bottom-right. Click this button and you will see BACCH listed as the only option today. Then click on the jigsaw icon on the right of it.

Reactions: GDK

GDK

Forum Donor
You need the latest version of the Ascend app in order to see the Plugins button at the bottom-right. Click this button and you will see BACCH listed as the only option today. Then click on the jigsaw icon on the right of it.
Thanks. There must be a pending iOS update coming to the app as I seem to be running the latest version. Anyway, I am not looking for excuses to drop a grand so I can wait patiently. :cool:

Foxman50

Once the BACCH plugin is selected, is it just on or off. Is any setup or configuration required, if so are there instructions available?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You can toggle on and off and there are a series of set-up tips as you install , speaker placement, avoiding close first reflections etc.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I am afraid I don’t know I didn’t even know there was a trial but I can find out.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I am sure you are all aware but this the new front page of the app showing the ‘plug in’ option.
IMG_3150.png

The page takes you through the best practise for Bacch.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Have you updated the Ascend app to the latest version?
Keith

Bortman

My App version is 1.2.46 (no ability to update this) and firmware is 2.4.53 (with "more information" on BACCH in the scroll down description, but the link fails). I guess D&D must still be working out some bugs. Do you have something different?

Se7enAtx

Audio Company
My App version is 1.2.46 (no ability to update this) and firmware is 2.4.53 (with "more information" on BACCH in the scroll down description, but the link fails). I guess D&D must still be working out some bugs. Do you have something different?
Follow this link.

If you scroll down, you'll see the direct links to the appropriate Ascend version.

Top Bottom