• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dunlavy Speakers

OP
D

dfuller

Major Contributor

DSJR

Major Contributor
No, Jonathan Wyner (M-Works Mastering).
Ah okay... SAM uses big old TDL's but has some tall Dunlavy's too which showed up in pics I've seen (he remastered many of the King Crimson repertoire with Robert Fripp himself in attendance. They're mentioned in the gear list - Hope all those speakers playing (or not) together aren't always set up this way...

Brent71

Thoughts? Feelings? Measurements?
I've never listened to a pair of SC-II, but I own III, IV and V. The IIIs I ran with a pair of B&W ASW600 subs because I felt they were a little lacking in the bottom couple octaves. You could get by fine with a single 10" sub, but I prefered two in stereo mode. I don't like thumping bass, so 2 subs wasn't for that reason. Compared to the IIIs the IIs are about 7" shorter, 1" narrower and 2" shallower, nearly 33% smaller volume, a fairly big difference which will affect bass extension. I think they're rated 55 Hz to 20 kHz, +/- 1.5 dB.

Top Bottom