• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Douk Audio P1PLUS is coming!--Strange or Amazing?

Douk Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Greetings all friends here,

We are the Douk Audio Team, one audio company in China. We are so excited and happy to be here, not only to share our new item P1PLUS with you, but also to collect all your feedback and suggestions on our products in the future.
Some of you may have heard of us before since some audio products designed by us that were reviewed by Amir in ASR. We have read them carefully, deeply know that we still have many shortcomings, and we are also very grateful to the audiosciencereview forum for allowing us to discover and improve them.
In the past, our product development department has been obsessed with designing products based on their own judgment, ignoring the actual needs and user experience of the users. In 2024, we are going to launch many new audio products, and we sincerely want to invite all members here to give us some feedback and advice to shape new items together. Thank you all!

P1PLUS is the latest DAC preamp with headphone amplifier, support multiple audio inputs and outputs also with remote control; besides JAN5654 tubes, adopted high-end chipset to support DSD256 playback; In addition, the VU meter is pluggable!

Here is some information about our P1 PLUS.
Audio input: Bluetooth / Coaxial / Optical / Stereo RCA / 3.5mm AUX
Audio output: Optical / Stereo RCA / 3.5mm AUX
Chipset: QCC5125+SA9137L+ES9018K2M+TPA6120
Max. Sampling rate USB supported: PCM 384KHz/32Bit / DSD256
Max. Sampling rate Coaxial/Optical supported: PCM 192KHz/24Bit
Operating systems PC-USB supported: W7/W8/W10//Win11/MAC/Linux

Attachments

• P1PLUS (7).jpg
    P1PLUS (7).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 582
  • P1PLUS (3).jpg
    P1PLUS (3).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 581

Tom C

Major Contributor
I have to agree. I like Douk products and have several in my home, but please lose the tubes. Or at least make it so I can switch the tubes out of the circuit.

MCH

Major Contributor
Just Wow! :oops:

But I need to say, bravo for the analogue input and the optical output.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have absolutely no use for it but I think it looks pretty cool. Put the knobs on the front and take my money....

Welcome to ASR, don't be alarmed when a moderator comes along and informs you, as a dealer/manufacturer, you post will be moved to a different part of the forum. Rest assured your presence is welcome here though!

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Both!!

JeremyFife

Love the look, what a weird little thing :)

Looking forward to the measurements

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Well, the cosmetics are refreshingly strange different amazing! :)
Welcome to @Douk Audio!
I feel that I may have many, many questions -- not just about this product.
E.g., maybe this one. :)

or was it this one?

or... maybe... something else. ;)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
But, but...
Tubes R cool!
Well, OK, most of them will be, at least, warm -- and some quite toasty.
But in a colloquial way, they're cool. ;) :cool::D

Two warm, and three quite toasty indeed, examples of cool firebottles ensconsed in a stereo SE 2A3 amplifier that -- umm -- shares quarters with us.

And the look (of the titular Douk product, that is)?
The look is amazingly strange -- crazy wasn't one of the choices! ;)

Ze Frog

What an interesting curio. It's kinda hideous but at the same time draws you in if for no other reason than curiosity. Not something I'd buy personally though.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Oh, a legitimate question for @Douk Audio.
Can you help us with the pronunciation - for, say, English speakers - of Douk?

Is it analogous to the English word duke, for example? Or perhaps it rhymes with the English word soak?

What an interesting curio. It's kinda hideous but at the same time draws you in if for no other reason than curiosity.
We used to have a couple of housecats like that. ;)

Joffy1780

Oh, a legitimate question for @Douk Audio.
Can you help us with the pronunciation - for, say, English speakers - of Douk?

Is it analogous to the English word duke, for example? Or perhaps it rhymes with the English word soak?

We used to have a couple of housecats like that. ;)
Depends how you pronounce duke I suppose. I hear Americans pronounce it "dook" whereas I would pronounce it "juke".

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Depends how you pronounce duke I suppose. I hear Americans pronounce it "dook" whereas I would pronounce it "juke".
Good point. I was definitely thinking dook -- apparently suppressing my deep Anglophile roots. :facepalm:

OP
Douk Audio

Douk Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi JSmith, thank you for your kindess!
We know that ASR values the measurements, we cannot say that our tube equipment can have the same very good parameters as digital equipment, but we will definitely try our best to adjust it to the best. The parameters are currently still in the debugging stage and the final results are being confirmed. When the samples come out, we will send it to Amir for testing, so let’s look forward to it together! :)
Hi Douk Audio, a warm welcome to ASR. :)

An interesting product you have shown above. I can't help but feel being a tube based device that this may not resonate with ASR members.

Are you able to share more info, measurements etc.?

JSmith

OP
Douk Audio

Douk Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hello Tom, thank you for your advice, that's why we come here!
Judging from the feedback collected, many customers also like tube equipment. We will definitely strengthen product design, collect more opinions, and strive to let more people can buy their favorite products at Douk Audio! :)
I have to agree. I like Douk products and have several in my home, but please lose the tubes. Or at least make it so I can switch the tubes out of the circuit.

Top Bottom