• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
also got back in to vinyl in recent years (dont shoot!! ;))

Me too, along with many others around the place.

Welcome!

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Hey everyone,

Movies have been my passion for as long as I can remember :D. Aside from movies, I also have an interest in audio calibration.

I'm happy to collaborate with all of you, share recommendations, discuss films, etc.

Cheers
Hey the box, welcome. :)

2197.jpg

JSmith

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello everyone,
Nico from France, home-cinema's fan since the beginning of LaserDisc.
I just open a thread to present my HT system.

Have a good day and make the great sound be with you :)
Watcha! (Localised southern greeting from a past life)

Eh up, mucka (Localised northern greeting)

Welcome. (A bit more international) :)

JyPay

Hello there,

I am from France and recently discovered this site during my quest for an amplifier for my recently made DIY speakers.
My speakers are the Toid's Epic speakers in standfloor configuration.

IMG20240126183504.jpg

I listen my music from streaming platform with the Fosi Audio P3 and CDs with my old Philips CD782 player.

I am (at the end of the month) a 55 years old music, DIY, cinema, motorcycle enthusiasm guy.

Regards

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Hello there,

I am from France and recently discovered this site during my quest for an amplifier for my recently made DIY speakers.
My speakers are the Toid's Epic speakers in standfloor configuration.

View attachment 355376

I listen my music from streaming platform with the Fosi Audio P3 and CDs with my old Philips CD782 player.

I am (at the end of the month) a 55 years old music, DIY, cinema, motorcycle enthusiasm guy.

Regards
Those DIY speakers don’t look DIY. Well done sir. They are very beautifully made. Have any Frequency Sweeps to share? We love data here and that would be the cherry on top!

Welcome Aboard @JyPay !

AdamG

Forum Donor

AdamG

Forum Donor
hi, i'm Simon
just joined today.
based in UK.
interested in all headphone gear, inc tube amps.
also got back in to vinyl in recent years (dont shoot!! ;))
been on several other forums for years.

mainly joined as this forum seems to be based on measured facts .
Welcome Aboard @Oldson and @chris760. Thank you both very much for becoming a “Donor” members. It helps keep the lights on and have someone clean the office and take out the trash. Your support is very much appreciated Sir. :cool:

AdamG

Forum Donor
the insight I have gleaned has definitely saved me some money by avoiding buying products that confer little or no benefit to sound quality.
Welcome Aboard @Monster. ^^^ This is the base Motivation of our Founder and Host Amir. We couldn’t have said it any better than you just did. Thank you Sir. :cool:

AdamG

Forum Donor
Reading the forum since 2019, but only now registered and post.
Welcome Aboard @wandulus. 5 years is a long time to be in the dark. Glad you decided to come into the light and join us. ;)

JyPay

Those DIY speakers don’t look DIY. Well done sir. They are very beautifully made. Have any Frequency Sweeps to share? We love data here and that would be the cherry on top!

Welcome Aboard @JyPay !
Thank you very much. I will create a thread on those speakers with picture of the buid.

Mad chadder

Good morning!
New member, Chad from Georgia (US).
I thought I'd pop in and introduce myself and thank Amir especially, and the rest of the contributors here for providing such a great resource! I'm currently rebuilding my audio system and have been lurking on this site for a month or so. I'm taking delivery on my Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G's this week to match the C250 I just picked up. Also, I got the SVS SB 16-Ultra a couple weeks ago. Sadly, it will be a while before I can replace my Yamaha RX-A868, at which time I'll likely replace the ancient, yet well liked (by me) Carver Premier AV-705x. I bought the amp 20+ years ago, along with my other audio equipment, including a set of Klipch Bookshelves, center, sub and surrounds, and the 15" Cerwin Vegas that my teenage brain fell in love with.
I look forward to interacting with y'all as I travel down the rabbit hole!

surfer_trot3

hello everyone,

Chris from Paris (France) ...
Avid reader since 1 or 2 year(s), happy owner of a Topping D10 balanced, thanks to the forum :)
Happy to have found concrete, pragmatic, objective ... ways to assess the "performance" and interest of hifi products..

Long time HT / hifi enthusiast (I'm 49), glad to continue learning :)

have a great day all !
Chris

yofi

Hey all.

I joined after enjoying many of Amir's reviews as a lurker. I live near Philly and in the US and work in insurance. I've been in the hobby for fifteen years but hang a little more on the budget and vintage side of things. My preference leads a little bright and lean, so abotu the only argument I'd ever make around preference curves is that preferences exist.

I probably won't post much because some of yall of incredibly smart. Thanks for having me.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I probably won't post much because some of yall of incredibly smart. Thanks for having me.

Don't let that stop you, it doesn't stop me!

Welcome!

You will find some of the most knowledgeable, helpful people around. This industry has sold so much bullshit masked as truth over the years, that much of what is 'common knowledge' out in audio-land just has to be unlearned and forgotten. Some find that easier than others, but those who want to actually understand what's what will find a place here.

AdamG

Forum Donor
but those who want to actually understand what's what will find a place here.
This very much. Leave your feelings at the door and open your mind to Science and Engineering. Your wallet will thank us later.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it my imagination or are there more new peeps here than usual lately? I am being a little bit extra nice and not confrontational on the objective versus subjective to entice them to stay..LoL. Later I can be more objective and stuff. :D

Top Bottom