• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do RCA cables matter ? if so, recommend one.

ta240

Major Contributor
No, if you read the previous linked posts, the petals are made out of very cheap cast material that does not bend, they break off.

The Monoprice designer knew that this slit petal design looks almost identical to excellent slit petals found on cables like Amazon Basics. See photos, the Amazon are great (they also have flexible cable jackets and a thinner plug) the Monoprice are stiff crap. So, not just a poor design, but devious. If their was an award for worst and most evil RCA cable, this would win.
View attachment 323658

View attachment 323659
I was persistent enough trying to tighten the monoprice ones that I broke mine. For as often as Monoprice gets mentioned as the perfect place to buy cables from I've not been impressed with much I've bought from them. Loose connectors, too stiff cables and really hard to release network cables.

scrubb

Forum Donor
I’ve found a lot of manufacturers who make other decent cables offer 3.5mm-to-RCA cables that are not well constructed. That includes Monoprice and Bluejeans Cable. However, I have a number of 3.5-RCA‘s from Hosa and they’re always sturdy, reliable, and inexpensive.

Weeb Labs

Addicted to Fun and Learning

MitchGtz

I've had good luck with Amazon Basics XLRs, although I've never tried RCA cables.
I recently bought a Fosi Za3 amp and wanted to switch back and forth from two headphone amps connected to it (Fiio R7 & OPPO HA-1) so I bought those inexpensive Amazon XLRs and was shocked at how good they sound (especially compared to the RCA Inputs, or was it that DAC, or the source, or the cables… who knows?)

Top Bottom