• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommend replacement cable for Drop + DCA Aeon Closed X headphones?

Saturn94

The cable that came with my Drop+DCA Aeon Closed X headphones is too short, so I’ve been using a cable extension. The connector on the cable extension is now failing. I’m thinking instead of buying another cable extension I would just by a longer replacement cable to eliminate the extension as an additional point of failure. I’m looking for something well made and easy on the budget (under $100).

I thought about trying these.

However, I noticed they are covered with some kind of woven sleeve and am concerned about it being noisy whenever I move and it rubs against anything. The cable that came with my headphones is smooth and doesn’t make any noise, but sadly it’s too short.

Since that cable is custom, and therefore not returnable, I was hoping someone here who has tried these cables can tell me if they are noisy or not, or if there is another brand I should consider.

Thanks.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Hart cables aren't microphonic, have had many sets of their stuff. Audiophileninja makes wonderful cables as well. I stick with those for my high end stuff. Faeaal or Youkamoo make affordable ones on Amazon for many different connections, and get those for low or mid range priced stuff. Openheart cables on AliExpress are really good quality and affordable also.

Chester

I have Hart cables and also rate them, I find them more microphonic than the stock Aeon 2 cable though, personally.

OP
Saturn94

Saturn94

I have Hart cables and also rate them, I find them more microphonic than the stock Aeon 2 cable though, personally.

Is microphonic enough to be really annoying in your experience?

OP
Saturn94

Saturn94

I went ahead and ordered a cable from Hart which arrived today. As @Chester mentioned, it is a bit more microphonic than the stock cable, but not so bad it detracts too much while music is playing. The cable is also thinner than I expected from the pictures; not that it really matters to me. It’s very flexible and seems well made.

Thanks for the replies to my post. :)

Top Bottom