• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do Audiophile Network Switches Make a Difference (video)?

shion_ca

What the holy hell are you talking about? :p
Watch the video, he puts aside all science and just listens, clearly hearing more detail. Then he listens to the inferior switch and miraculously it also now has more detail. Amrim’s only mistake was not realizing that having plugged in the silent angel first had sonically purified his negions (negative ions for those not in the know). Rather he thought that the improvement was merely due to paying increased attention.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Clearly Amrim has gone on record stating that after you use the silent angel, it’s lingering effects make a clear sonic improvement in even inferior switches plugged in after it!

Furthermore stating that this improvement while clearly audible is not able to be measured by our lacking means of science!

I got the gist right???? ;)

Yep, I guess that means you’ve found the access portal to the “secret subjective forum”, Amir will be in touch by carrier pigeon to provide further details on how to access it.

D

Deleted member 21219

Watch the video, he puts aside all science and just listens, clearly hearing more detail. Then he listens to the inferior switch and miraculously it also now has more detail. Amrim’s only mistake was not realizing that having plugged in the silent angel first had sonically purified his negions (negative ions for those not in the know). Rather he thought that the improvement was merely due to paying increased attention.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We got this thread already, if ever you're interested:
;)

shion_ca

;)
Would love to but my audio group is going to be too busy plugging this into each of our houses for now. Great deal when you con
;)
definitely, I should be careful where I humour.

Somafunk

Major Contributor

Very wise words, never at the graveside, save it for the wake afterwards as drink is a lubricant for laughter.

D

Deleted member 21219

Would love to but my audio group is going to be too busy plugging this into each of our houses for now. Great deal when you con

This may help you.

And a useful reminder, just in case:

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

shion_ca

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As you can tell from the replies we now have no idea if you are serious, trolling, or just making a lame attempt at humour.

If serious - you need to listen a little more before posting, and read the room. You definitely need to avoid things like the straw-man you have just constructed. You are new here, you may be given some benefit of the doubt, but it will rapidly dry up.
If trolling - please feel free to go back to your bridge, and do try not to let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.
If you think you are being funny - You need to make it easy to tell. Emojis are your friend. If you dont:

a) Poe's law as pointed out above.
b) You may lead other newbies down the wrong path.
c) People may actually waste their valuable time trying to correct your misapprehensions, or just debunk the nonsense. You'll rapidly lose goodwill.

Please don't.

Last edited:

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Is this satire or humor? Or are you actually serious?

I would say the first to give you the benefit of doubt but please enlighten us.

shion_ca

Is this satire or humor? Or are you actually serious?

I would say the first to give you the benefit of doubt but please enlighten us

It is clearly, or not so clearly humour. I said as much above, or thought I had. But since the other fellow is concerned with people being mislead and trying to chase away negions, ahem…, For the record there are obviously no such things as negions for any new readers starting their journey. Or rather the term is an entirely fictitious one and obviously absurd as the correct term for a negatively charged ion is anion if I recall.

So in summary, buying magical switches for your Ethernet and plugging them in, does not purge your entire house and power grid of …. well anything, and one can most certainly not chase away non existent negions with an Ethernet box, or even a broom for that matter. It may clear your bank account of money. (Edit… I forgot Poe’s law, here is your humour indicating emoji in regards to the facetious statement about emptying your bank account, as clearly it will not reach in and empty anyone’s bank account and it is probably quite dismal at hacking in general). sorry emoji.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21219

It is clearly, or not so clearly humour. I said as much above, or thought I had. But since the other fellow is concerned with people being mislead and trying to chase away negions, ahem…, For the record there are obviously no such things as negions for any new readers starting their journey. Or rather the term is an entirely fictitious one and obviously absurd as the correct term for a negatively charged ion is anion if I recall.

So in summary, plugging switches into your Ethernet and plugging them in, does not purge your entire house and power grid of …. Well anything and one can most certainly not chase away non existent negions with an Ethernet box, or even a broom for that matter.

Thank you. For future reference, remember the second part of my post (above):

Sometimes sarcasm goes right over people's heads, even face-to-face. Trying to communicate such things by means of posts on the internet is even more difficult.

BTW ... I didn't notice your first post when you joined, so allow me to say, "Welcome to ASR!"

Jim

shion_ca

Thank you. For future reference, remember the second part of my post (above):

Sometimes sarcasm goes right over people's heads, even face-to-face. Trying to communicate such things by means of posts on the internet is even more difficult.

BTW ... I didn't notice your first post when you joined, so allow me to say, "Welcome to ASR!"

Jim
I did recall it, you will see that I clairified my satirical comment that the product would empty your bank account to indicate it would not actually be capable of doing so and that was satire.

I don’t agree with Poe’s law, it’s asinine in my opinion, but if it is a forum requirement to abide by it then I will add explicit disclaimers for every non literal turn of phrase that might not be understood to be satire. Hence the clear disclaimer that the network switch will not remove funds from your account and that said statement was satirical.

Last note my original post had a large winky face and ended with question marks saying hey I got it right???? What is the appropriate emoji that somehow more clearly indicates satire?

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
To be clear, there is some forum rule requiring adherence to Poe’s “law”
You adhered to Poe's law just fine ;) Needing to invoke it, is the problem :)

In this instance though, I thought it was clearly a sarcastic comment. Quite clever actually.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
To be clear, there is some forum rule requiring adherence to Poe’s “law”
None I'm aware of. I think sacrificing chickens for reasons other than consumption i.e. Voodoo rituals might be frowned upon, or not.

D

Deleted member 21219

To be clear, there is [is there] some forum rule requiring adherence to Poe’s “law” [?]

No, there is not. The explanation of Poe's law provides explains the consequences: confusion.

You adhered to Poe's law just fine ;) Needing to invoke it, is the problem :)

In this instance though, I thought it was clearly a sarcastic comment. Quite clever actually.

Obviously, @voodooless is smarter than I am. Not unusual. :oops:

None I'm aware of. I think sacrificing chickens for reasons other than consumption i.e. Voodoo rituals might be frowned upon, or not.

Correct. Our host has asked that comments of a religious or political nature be avoided. Other than that, common sense is a good guide; treat others as you wish to be treated.

Jim

shion_ca

No, there is not. The explanation of Poe's law provides explains the consequences: confusion.

Obviously, @voodooless is smarter than I am. Not unusual. :oops:

Correct. Our host has asked that comments of a religious or political nature be avoided. Other than that, common sense is a good guide; treat others as you wish to be treated.

Jim
Still I will be more clear. I did not intend to troll, I had thought the winky and obvious absurdity was enough to indicate humour. I'll use three winkies in the future.

Top Bottom