• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac Live not starting, only gray screen

Jeti_DS

Hello

I am new here, because I have a Problem with Dirac. No one was able to solve it.

I have bought a Dirac Licence and downloaded the Dirac Software from the Dirac Homepage.

After installation I have done the adjustment in the Windows firewall like written in the User manual.

When I start Dirac the round Dirac Logo is visible for a few seconds. After that, I only get transparent gray screen. Nothing else is happening. Dirac does not start.

I have Not found anything in the internet. Also a new installation does not solve the issue.

I hope, than you can help me.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is some talk on other sites re: DL servers not working but no one knows it it's DL or Onkyo's servers but many with the RZ50 and RZ70 can't access DL.

OP
J

Jeti_DS

Sorry, for the missing information. I am using a Marantz Cinema 40 receiver.

OP
J

Jeti_DS

Hello everyone,

I tested older and newer versions today.
The newer version 3.9.1 did not bring any improvement. I also tested the previous three versions up to version 3.6.7, unfortunately without success. It works with version 3.4.4.

Unfortunately I won't be able to carry out a complete measurement and export the filter today.

Do I have a disadvantage when working with version 3.4.4? I use a Marantz Cinema 40 with Dirac Live Full Bandwidth and Bass Control.

Or do you have any advice on how I can get the newer version running?

southisup

works with version 3.4.4
I discovered the same yesterday, even having tried their latest beta 3.9.1, that required hand editing the URL of the previous beta to actually access.

I'm using Dirac Live on Windows 10.

3.4.4 still gives errors on launch:
Error refreshing licence session … DiracConnect InvalidArgument (100002) …’

All seemed to function fine though, once connected to the AVR (Integra DRX-3.4).

Do I have a disadvantage
The change log would be worth a read, but so long as it seems to work I don't think there's an alternative until they release a fix. I tried upgrading to a few more recent versions once I'd connected 3.4.4 to my AVR, but the software just broke again.
https://www.dirac.com/live/faq/helpdesk/software-changelog/

Their Android app also doesn't work on Android 12, 13, or 14.

BJL

Hello

I am new here, because I have a Problem with Dirac. No one was able to solve it.

I have bought a Dirac Licence and downloaded the Dirac Software from the Dirac Homepage.

After installation I have done the adjustment in the Windows firewall like written in the User manual.

When I start Dirac the round Dirac Logo is visible for a few seconds. After that, I only get transparent gray screen. Nothing else is happening. Dirac does not start.

I have Not found anything in the internet. Also a new installation does not solve the issue.

I hope, than you can help me.
Did you try opening a ticket with Dirac support? I have found them to be responsive and generally prompt.

ChemEngr

Yes, I have. Sent an email a few hours ago. Waiting for their response.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jeti_DS

Hello,

I've been testing a lot and doing some research over the last few days.

I was able to solve the problem today.

The problem was my onboard graphics card. In the settings of my graphics card on my computer, I specified that the Nvidia graphics card must be used for Dirac, Not the onboard graphics card.

Now Dirac works.

Last edited:

ChemEngr

Glad that you were able to get it to work. However, I only have the onboard Intel graphics card, so my issue might be different. Still waiting for Dirac support to get back to me.

OP
J

Jeti_DS

Sorry, I wrote it wrong. The Nvidia graphics card must be used. Not the onboard graphics card.

Have you checked your Energy saving settings?

ChemEngr

It’s working now! I just disabled the Intel graphics driver from within the Device Manager. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Top Bottom