• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with Dirac live and NAD C3050 needed :)

Stulle

Hey :) first post and english is not my first language. so i hope i dont make to many mistakes here =)

Okay lets start with my question(s):
My dad has bougth a NAD C 3050 with the MDC2 module. now i have installed everything in my room and connected my floorspeakers (Elac FS 287/Solano) and a subwoofer (B and W asw610xp).
The Subwoofer is connected via the line in port/Low Pass Filter is disabled and the low pass freq shouldnt matter because the line in port is used (if i understand the manual correctly). One of the reasons why it was bought was an hopefully easy sub implementation and as a replacement for an old marantz amp.

So i tried to implement dirac today. At the point where i apply the dirac live correction the subwoofer stays silent. when i run the mesurement everything was fine..

just for testing purposes i tried another measurement, here some pics from the dirac program:

1701525051389.png

in this pic i dont understand why there is a warning sign at the measurement position- the program said the measurement was succesful (i know that only one position was covered)
1701525439129.png

1701525417580.png

here i have many questions... i set a target curve as nad recommended (its a target curve by nad that i have found here: https://nad.de/dirac-live/) now i cant set a crossover frequency from speaker to subwoofer.
1.is the functionality limited because i dont have the full dirac license? i know that the freqency band is limited but no crossovers (?)
2can i set a crossover if i buy dirac upgrade for the mcd2 module?
3. there are those blue buttons on the upper righthand corner but i cant see an explanation. nowhere.... in some vids on youtube they dont appear.

Would love to get some help =D maybe i should have bougth a minidsp instead ...

little pic of the current setup :) maybe the placement could be much better but at first everthing should just work....
1701526272604.jpeg

greets from berlin

Attachments

• 1701525261003.png
    1701525261003.png
    278.8 KB · Views: 44
OP
S

Stulle

additional information, the crossover frequency is also adjustable in the menu from the amp... but nothing changes, the subwoofer stays silent when i apply a dirac correction curve. without dirac evertyhing is fine (but no dsp.... :D)

edit:
evening now and tested some more stuff. sub is now disconnected and i have run another dirac mesurement, with the dirac mesurement applied the bass seems to disappear in the listening position (???) everywhere else in the room you can here the bassline ;D source was now a cdplayer. i really dont know what i do wrong or is the positioning of my speakers so bad in this case?

Last edited:
OP
S

Stulle

seems like i create my own thread :D searched somemore and found now this thread with the same problems?
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ubwoofer-output-nad-m33-and-dirac-live.49837/
next problem, i cant find a download soure for version 3.4.4 of dirac live. :/ confluence . dirac . services seems to be down

edit: in the other thread linked above someone posted a working download link. I will test it tomorrow :)

Last edited:

pogo

Major Contributor
Dann machen wir morgen hier weiter ;)

RickyC34

Dirac Change Log

Roll back the software to 3.4.4 and try again.

• "on some NAD devices the subwoofer outputs don’t get sound with Dirac On on some NAD devices
  • We therefore recommend NAD users to stay with Dirac Live 3.4.4 until we have fixed that problem."

RickyC34

Once rolled back, make sure to apply the target curve to both the mains and subs. Once uploaded click the blue + on both the subs and mains. I don't have any experience with the NAD or Dirac on any AVR but setting the crossover should not be limited by which version of Dirac you have. Currently, you do not have the NAD curve applied to the mains. Clicking the + will apply your loaded target curve.

OP
S

Stulle

a huge thank you to all of you. it seems to work now, and there is also a hearable diffrence with/without dirac (in a positiv manner)
Nad actually seems recommend to don't use the target curve with the sub but i tried it an works well :)
i just dont understand clearly what you mean by pressing the + or do just just talk about this --->
1701602701145.png

aaaand i still havent found the option for the crossover (?) but i can set a crossover in the settings of the amp so it should be fine. maybe i can try to make some mesurments with rew if i can figure out how to use the nad mic with my pc or maybe i should by a umik when i have some time :))

all in all i was yesterday a bit frustrated because the nad website doesnt mention those problems and they try to sell it like a complete-build-in-soulution/you dont have to think about it.

thank you @pogo and @RickyC34 !!!

(Screenshot form the NAD Bluesound software regarding the crossover freq:)
1701603149973.png

pogo

Major Contributor
if i can figure out how to use the nad mic with my pc
No problem, but you have to load the NAD mic correction data into REW additionally.

Last edited:

RickyC34

Nad actually seems recommend to don't use the target curve with the sub but i tried it an works well :)
As I said I don't have experience with NAD or AVRs with Dirac but loading the target curve to just the Mains is something I've never heard of. Do you have a source?
i just dont understand clearly what you mean by pressing the + or do just just talk about this --->View attachment 331426
Yes, that's what I meant by the +
aaaand i still havent found the option for the crossover (?) but i can set a crossover in the settings of the amp
Maybe I was wrong and with an AVR this is the only place to adjust the xover with DIRAC via integrated or AVR.

Top Bottom