• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Difference between Audyssey Multeq VS Multeq XT Vs Multeq XT32

Dobbyisfree

Cheapest option is probably a used X3700H.

In that model range, the X3300, 400, 500, 600 also all feature XT32 with SubEQ HT (two individual subwoofer outputs).

All of these models are also compatible with both the phone/tablet app and the PC application.

Dobbyisfree

That makes sense. Bit tough to swallow since i'm on a temp receiver until I can get my long term one. Would be nice to use MultEQ in the interim.

I agree. I purposefully put MultEQ-X on a brand new x3700 that I chose which came with six years warranty. Thought that should get me my money's worth!

avrpdx

I agree. I purposefully put MultEQ-X on a brand new x3700 that I chose which came with six years warranty. Thought that should get me my money's worth!
Great idea. I too purchaed MultEQ-X after I thought I was so lucky in getting a x3600h before the pandemic completely upended supply chains.

Unfortunately, I more recently upgraded my video to a 4k/8k projector and also obtained a PS5. The price of certified refurbs of the x3800h came way down, so HDMI 2.1 became more of a draw, and I sprung for it.

At least I can still use the x3600h in a secondary room. That room is boomy and vaulted, so at least the MultEQ-X is possibly? doing more than was needed in my theater room.

Dobbyisfree

Great idea. I too purchaed MultEQ-X after I thought I was so lucky in getting a x3600h before the pandemic completely upended supply chains.

Unfortunately, I more recently upgraded my video to a 4k/8k projector and also obtained a PS5. The price of certified refurbs of the x3800h came way down, so HDMI 2.1 became more of a draw, and I sprung for it.

At least I can still use the x3600h in a secondary room. That room is boomy and vaulted, so at least the MultEQ-X is possibly? doing more than was needed in my theater room.

And, assuming you have MultEQ-X on the x3800 in the primary room, when you replace that AVR and move it to the secondary room you can just load in the same file you had from the x3600 once the x3800 is connected up :)

HelloHell

For me the XT did an excellent job, LP 1/48 smoothing, without smoothing is the same. I have the app and I only use filters up to 300hz.

25.png

GalZohar

If you want to know what XT did, compare Audyssey on vs off, without Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume.

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For me the XT did an excellent job, LP 1/48 smoothing, without smoothing is the same. I have the app and I only use filters up to 300hz.

View attachment 294723

That does look decent, but it could be that your room is playing nice to your speakers. Could you show one that shows Audyssey XT on versus with Audyssey XT "OFF"? Then we can see how much improvement XT managed to achieve. If it is in fact as good as your graph show, XT32 may be able to further smooth it by a couple dB regardless, but that would not likely make any audible change.

HelloHell

That does look decent, but it could be that your room is playing nice to your speakers. Could you show one that shows Audyssey XT on versus with Audyssey XT "OFF"? Then we can see how much improvement XT managed to achieve. If it is in fact as good as your graph show, XT32 may be able to further smooth it by a couple dB regardless, but that would not likely make any audible change.

Yes, it's not one of the most complicated rooms, lucky me.

sub.png

Mistletoe

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 7.22.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 7.22.15 PM.png
    537.2 KB · Views: 50

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
IMG_4739.jpg

MultEQ seems to handle very well frequencies above 300 Hz and more or less acceptable frequencies below 300 Hz (Source thread here).

MultEQ_XT32.png

While MultEQ XT32 seems to handle very well all the audible frequency range from the graph (Source thread here)

Top Bottom