• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Did I make a mistake?

chang

Yeah sure,from your preferences and what you are describing that would be really tough to pick one. I had fun building my 1TDX's and they really are great speakers. They don't measure as well as the LX or M105 but in room they perform well. The LX's can come across as plain sometimes too,I'm not sure what it is,they are very neutral. The 1TDX's had more presence in the 4khz-8khz going off of measurements at my mlp,but never sounded bright to me. I enjoy both for music. If I had to pick between those two for music only I might pick the 1TDX but mainly for sentimental reasons since I built mine. The LX is objectively the better speaker.
Thank you for that. Yeah, the 105's feel reserved, really can't put my finger on what's missing. That seems to be the general consensus with the 1TDX's. Wish I could A/B these in my space. How are the dynamics on the LX... do you feel they project a full sound?

chang

I would guess the b1s are a less refined , similar type voicing to the m105s, they're certainly nice for the smaller investment.. The sierra's and bmr should sound a lot fuller than the m105s and have similar clarity....enjoy whatever you end up with....
If so, you've got yourself a good little speaker. Wouldn't mind a fuller sound, guess there's only one way to find out. Thanks so much

Last edited:

JAJDACT

Thank you for that. Yeah, the 105's feel reserved, really can't put my finger on what's missing. That seems to be the general consensus with the 1TDX's. Wish I could A/B these in my space. How are the dynamics on the LX... do you feel they project a full sound?
They definitely project a full sound in my room. I think they excel with dynamics,I have pushed them hard and they didn't break a sweat. They do need some power to get there,they have very low sensitivity,but so do the 1TDX's for that matter. If you have a small to medium room the LX's will be enough,but if in a large room I would look into the tower versions.

chang

They definitely project a full sound in my room. I think they excel with dynamics,I have pushed them hard and they didn't break a sweat. They do need some power to get there,they have very low sensitivity,but so do the 1TDX's for that matter. If you have a small to medium room the LX's will be enough,but if in a large room I would look into the tower versions.
Thank you so much. It really helps hearing others experiences. Are you still planning on selling yours?

Top Bottom