• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Devialet Expert 200 Amplifier, DAC and Streamer Review

gianventu

have always switched mine off at the plug socket rather than use standby.
But if you keep the on/off button longer, you switch off completely. Idle mode should be only when you see the Devialet logo shadowed, unless you have a dual mono. In that case the companion remains in standby. I am talking about d premier, don't know what happens withe pro line.
Am I wrong?

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
But if you keep the on/off button longer, you switch off completely. Idle mode should be only when you see the Devialet logo shadowed, unless you have a dual mono. In that case the companion remains in standby. I am talking about d premier, don't know what happens withe pro line.
Am I wrong?
Don’t know. I haven’t tried (that I remember).

I bought a D-Premier in 2010, added a second to make dual mono, then had them updated one at a time to, iirc, 250s (that is when I discovered the phono stage on the new board was noisier than the D-Premier :( ) then I part exchanged for an Original d’Atelier.

I cut the power at the socket every night before going to bed.

I don’t leave anything powered up - haven’t for decades, old habit.

gianventu

old habit
Old but good. Should be done always, not only for Devialet..
It is also possible to set by configurator, how much you want the Devialet waits before entering in idle mode (no music streaming, obviously).
What I appreciate mostly about Devialet, is the crossover opportunities it gives. Very useful if you add subs the chances to set high and low pass filters both for speakers and pre/sub out. Don't know alternatives, for integrated amps, on the market with this feature.

Top Bottom