• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dali Opticon 6 reviewed and measured...

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And this is the measurement from i-Fidelity which is more closer to Stereo Magazine's findings.
As the plot writes in German that is in-room measurement (at 1 meter and with 1/1 octave smoothing), that's why it has more bass..

l_lama

I've compared Opticon 6 and Opticon 6 at the shop. I like a way that Opticon 8 handled distorted guitar sound in acoustically treated demo room. In other hand, I asked to move Opticon 8" to smaller room (kinda office, probably 8x16ft) and put close to longer wall. My heart has literally kicked by bass, so I've got smaller one for my non-treated small living room and pretty happy with that. When installed at home in 10" from the wall, I found sufficient bass for the rock music I'm listening, more bass that I heard in the demo room.

jmillar

Nice! The problem with the Rubicon 8 is that, if I'm going to spend that much, I'd like to get 8 inch woofers if I can.
Regarding woofer size: if you double woofers don't you move as much air as with a single, bigger one?

Dromashe

Have those. A little lack of bass. Shall I consider supplementing it with a subwoofer? Which one, if yes? Thanks!

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Sacrificing low frequency extension in favor of high spl at low distortion is something I would expect from professional speakers and not home tower speakers.

LeoB

Have you measured the in-room response? These speakers should confidently play at least down to 40Hz.

Top Bottom