• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Linkwitz LX521.4 Review (and measurements!)

MKR

Major Contributor
While certainly not equal to the level of measurements Amir would perform, something better than nothing …

I have extensive experience both with older versions of SL’s designs (including owning the original Orion years ago) and this latest incarnation and they are outstanding loudspeakers. Not many speakers I have heard portray as holographic a soundstage as these do. The only reason they are not on my endgame shortlist is the output falls a bit short for larger rooms.

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
At first I thought this looked pretty rough:

1705495189331.png

But they've made the X axis cover only 20 dB, which is exaggerating the peaks and troughs.

Setting the X and Y limits similarly on my own in-room measurements makes them equally lumpy:

1705495489388.png

It looks far better like this: :)

1705495961482.png

Regardless, I've been aware of the Linkwitz speaker designs for some time and I would very much like to hear some. However, open baffle designs are unlikely to work well in my room. :confused:

Last edited:
OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
At first I thought this looked pretty rough:

View attachment 342509

But they've made the X axis cover only 20 dB, which is exaggerating the peaks and troughs.

Setting the X and Y limits similarly on my own in-room measurements makes them equally lumpy:

View attachment 342511

It looks far better like this: :)

View attachment 342514

Regardless, I've been aware of the Linkwitz speaker designs for some time and I would very much like to hear some. However, open baffle designs are unlikely to work well in my room. :confused:
Nice catch on the plot axis!

And yup, these (as with all dipoles) definitely need some room to breath

Last edited:
Top Bottom