• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Current best value general USB DAC/AMP dongle?

Deckard01

Yes, but please don't buy the second one. That's basically robbery.
I personally would never buy iFi. I think they're scum, exploiting human weaknesses for profit.
Yes I see it is too expensive!

So if I understand right do you think Go Link is not worth? Is there any other option better at this price range?

staticV3

Master Contributor
So if I understand right do you think Go Link is not worth? Is there any other option better at this price range?
I would spend $10 more and buy a Truthear Shio.
That gives you a 3.5mm output for plugging in normal headphones and external Amps, plus a 4.4mm differential output in case you need more power for hard to drive headphones.

Sappy2659

Hello, reading the thread I'm not sure if one of the dongles can fit to my use case:

1. Headphones Audio Technica ATH-M50 (not the M50x https://www.audio-technica.com/en-eu/ath-m50x#spec-tab)
2. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (USB C, no audio jack)
3. Laptop with Arch Linux and Windows 11 (USB C ports available)
4. Tidal Apps as streaming provider
5. On Windows I also want to use the Dongle to export Audio from Native Instruments software to RCA cable

So, in summary, I need a portable USB-C dongle compatible with Android, Linux and Windows, with a 6,35mm (or 3,5mm) jack, and with enough quality to appreciate the Tidal HiFi Plus plan.
I'm thinking something around 50-100 EUR.

PeterNL

Maybe this one ? Tempotec sonata bhd pro (already tested by Amir):

I've paid 64$ today.
Try different shop discount codes (2$ worked for me) and code: 960 on checkout gives you 6$ more discount.

Last edited:

JLGF1

USB-C DAC with the all-important PEQ.

Qudelix 5K Amazon.jpg

mc.god

out of curiosity i just ordered this thing:

F.Audio KS01

with current discounts + coins paid 32€

Just searching for a possibly budget backup for the Ugreen Hifi, with detachable cable. This thing attracted me mainly for the display since I really don't like hardware volume buttons when you can't say at what level it is. Don't know how they can sell this type of hardware (ess9038q2m, ess opamp, xmos usb bridge, oled display) at such price, maybe it's all fake or will fall apart in a month, but who knows, maybe it's the real current dongle bargain.

There are few reviews out there, here one with links for firmware updates, he says good things:

https://mobileaudiophile.com/dacs/review-f-audio-ks01-brilliant-for-price

It will take some days to arrive, in the meantime I'll try to learn if I can make some basic measurements with REW and an old M-audio M-Track Quad interface (any advice appreciated) that in case I'll post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom