• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Could you help me understand if this measurements are good or not?

cbelizon

Hi,

I was checking this page to know whether or not this floor standing speakers are really good or not, but I can barely understand the graphics the reviewer posted, to be more precise it is impossible to me to understand why he is staying the off axis response is so good

Thanks!

dfuller

Major Contributor
This is a case of measurements being a bit... iffy. These are not done well, that's why they're hard to read. 1/3 octave smoothing loses a lot of important information in the higher "noise floor" that smoothing adds, and these appear to be done in-room, which doesn't help because the acoustics of the space have a large confounding effect.

The off axis response is said to be good because it largely resembles the on-axis response. That means early reflections are going to largely have the same sound, making them easier to place and tune to your tastes in a normal, more reflective domestic room.

Top Bottom