• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Celebrity RIP Thread

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
RIP

Soandso

"Grease" original soundtrack was released as a 2 LP set; the central artwork looks like this opened with many Newton-John pictures.
3CA3C95A-751B-4716-985F-2AC1E7679FEC.jpeg

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
RIP

Music of my youth. Sad day. Rese in peace indeed as you brought so much of that to us Olivia.

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
What a damn shame... RIP Olivia, an Aussie and International icon;

FZqcQEUWIAUoHVA.jpg

JSmith

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
Slightly off-topic but I have a "quote screensaver" that I started using several years ago when I got bored with the geometric patterns. It's not just quotes. Sometimes there are short (one or two sentence) historical facts, etc. Just something that you can read in a few seconds when you look at the screen before a new one pops-up.

So... I intend to add historical rock & roll deaths, like, RIP - Janis Joplin, 1970, drug overdose. If I decide to add rappers there will be a few murders... Maybe lot's of 'em! :D

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
I just learned of the death of Wolfgang Petersen... director of many films including Das Boot, Neverending Story, In the Line of Fire etc.;

Rotten Tomatoes on Twitter: Wolfgang Petersen, acclaimed German director  of such film as Das Boot, The Neverending Story, and Air Force One, has  sadly passed away at the age of 81. Rest

RIP and thank for you the many wonderful films. :(

JSmith

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Andysu

Major Contributor

ripvw

Forum Donor
Jazz pianist Ramsey Lewis passes at 87...greatly enjoyed seeing him years ago at the JVC Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl in LA. Made a well-recorded album with singer Nancy Wilson - my favorite song from that album below (not that the YouTube version is well-recorded)

Last edited:

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
The last of the original Nouvelle Vague directors Jean Luc Godard has died at 91. I always preferred Rivette myself but Godard certainly has had an incomparably massive influence on film making in the last 70 years even though most people have never seen any of his films.

iu

Godard with Anna Karina

Last edited:
Top Bottom