• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Celebrity RIP Thread

daniel_chris

Jamal Edwards, music entrepreneur and YouTube star dies at 31​

He was the founder of SBTV, a music platform that helped launch stars like Dave, Ed Sheeran and Skepta.

Edwards was born in Luton and was appointed MBE in 2014 for services to music. He was the son of singer and Loose Women presenter Brenda Edwards.

READ MORE

Attachments

• jamal-scaled-e1645448418240.jpg
    jamal-scaled-e1645448418240.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 51

DWI

Indeed, also horrible although not as young as well. I just thought no one much but Aussies would know of him here... a dark few days for cricket there for sure. Unsure if you watched the Shane Warne televised memorial... it was excellent, but very very sad. They have renamed the MCG's Great Southern Stand, now the Shane Warne Stand.

JSmith
Cricket nut and former St. John’s Wood resident here. This was the death of English cricket at Edgbaston last June, Stuart and Jimmy scheming where to bury the body. Things perked up, we saw two Root centuries in a week, at Trent Bridge and Lords.
B400C64B-5C8E-4FD6-AA58-B64CFF630396.jpeg

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Vangelis has passed at the age of 79.
He did some stuff with Jon Anderson from Yes back around 1980 that not everyone is aware of. Haven’t listened to those tracks in many years but discovered him because I was a Yes geek and Chariots of Fire

spigot

One of my favourite pieces of music by Vangelis is Alpha. It's on the soundtrack LP to the old Carl Sagan Cosmos TV series (he also wrote the title music). His Blade Runner soundtrack is also legendary. RIP

diddley

Forum Donor
His work with Jon Anderson is legendary, The friends of mr. Cairo is beautiful and the made a cd in the nineties too. also a pearl between the garbage.
But that was their final collaboration because Jon put a number on the cd that they agreed upon it would not be on the cd.

diddley

Forum Donor
Anyone can light a candle is the name of the song and is IMHO the most beatiful song on this cd.
Later Jon released it on his own album.
The page of life cd is not on Qobuzz that was the cd of 1991 from Jon and Vangelis

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I love 1942 from Vangelis... RIP...

tw 2022

He did some stuff with Jon Anderson from Yes back around 1980 that not everyone is aware of. Haven’t listened to those tracks in many years but discovered him because I was a Yes geek and Chariots of Fire
YES, maybe the most underrated band of the era....Steve Howe, dude was serious,.. Saw them in concert at least twice( the 80s were kind of a blur)...SRV and Howe were the best I've seen ( maybe Al Dimeola too)... Guess i got lucky i hung out with a garage band that knew who to see...

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Renowned Star Wars spaceship designer Colin Cantwell died aged 90 at this home in Colorado on Saturday, a few years after being diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.
He worked on films including 2001: A Space Odyssey and was known for recommending the now-famous tone poem Also Sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strauss.

He also worked on the films Close Encounters of the Third Kind and WarGames.

JSmith

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Vangelis has passed at the age of 79.
I first heard him with the group, Aphrodite's Child. In the early '70s our local 'album oriented rock' station had the tune Break, from their 666 double album, in regular rotation for a month or so. I liked how that sounded (the prominent bass lines, synth and guitar tone) and went to the record store to buy the record, which was not what I expected once I put it on. I don't think I ever encountered a Greek rock and roll band before. Of course back then I didn't know they hailed from Greece.

Top Bottom