• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Celebrity RIP Thread

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Actor Henry Silva.
1663427938223.jpeg

(Right; from Ghost Dog)

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Hilary Mantel, Prize-Winning Author of Historical Fiction, Dies at 70​

Wolf Hall, Bring up the Bodies, The Mirror & the Light... she even made Thomas Cromwell an engaging character.
1663941156279.jpeg

Phoney

Rip Pharoah Sanders. I discovered some of his jazz records from the 60's and 70's just a couple of months ago. I really liked his music.

51bymMDTdGL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Rip Pharoah Sanders. I discovered som of his jazz records from the 60's and 70's just a couple of months ago. I really liked his music.

Sanders was a giant. The man was a master, who could instantly turn from the melodic to the cacophonic, but in everything, demonstrated a deep spirituality. His work with Leon Thomas highlighted that, for sure. His rendering of Coltrane's Equinox was truly breathtaking.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sanders was a giant. The man was a master, who could instantly turn from the melodic to the cacophonic, but in everything, demonstrated a deep spirituality. His work with Leon Thomas highlighted that, for sure. His rendering of Coltrane's Equinox was truly breathtaking.

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Coolio dead at 59
Damn...

Coolio dead: Gangsta's Paradise rapper dies 'at friend's house' after  desperate effort to save him | The West Australian

RIP. :(
6:47 PM PT -- Law enforcement sources tell TMZ no drugs or drug paraphernalia were found at the scene of Coolio’s death. An autopsy and toxicology test will be used to determine an official cause of death.

6:24 PM PT -- Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... paramedics were called to a house in Los Angeles around 4 PM for a medical emergency and when they got there they pronounced Coolio dead.

We're told police have opened a death investigation but as of right now there does not appear to be signs of foul play. However, our sources say the coroner will make a final determination following an autopsy.

Coolio died Wednesday in Los Angeles ... TMZ has learned.

The rapper who achieved enormous success in the 90s was visiting a friend late Wednesday afternoon when he passed away.

Coolio's longtime manager, Jarez, says Coolio went to the bathroom at his friend's house, but when he didn't come out after a while ... the friend kept calling for him, and eventually went in and found Coolio laying on the floor.

JSmith

iulianm

My house mates and I acoustic jamming sesh of 'Gangster's Paradise' with the one and only Coolio. After making a guest appearance at a local club in Preston UCLAN, we got him back the next day to cook us a 3 course meal and share stories of his life and have a laugh! One of the most bizarre, surreal nights of my life. Not many people can say they've had dinner, been to Tesco supermarket and sang 'Gangster's Paradise' with Coolio.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Top Bottom