• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Celebrity RIP Thread

JSmith

Master Contributor
This thread is for all RIP news and messages regarding recently deceased celebrities.

Ivan Reitman has just passed away at 75. :(

Ivan Reitman, the director behind the original Ghostbusters films, has sadly died.

His family confirmed the sad news to the Associated Press, revealing Ivan passed way peacefully in his sleep Saturday night (February 12) at his home in Montecito, Calif.
Damn shame, man is genius... at least he has left a solid legacy;

1644810746882.png

JSmith

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor

Bleib

Major Contributor

DonR

Major Contributor
The original "Hot Lips" Sally Kellerman from the 1970 M*A*S*H movie has died at 84.

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Americans may not know this person, however any countries that play cricket like New Zealand, England, South Africa, India, Pakistan, Sri-Lanka etc. would know of... Shane Warne, the Spin King. Unfortunately he died of a heart attack at 52... very sad for Australian cricket fans. RIP Shane, always a legend;

1646878099675.png

JSmith

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
costanzas1.jpg

Estelle Harris, best known for playing Estelle Costanza on Seinfeld, died of natural causes on Saturday at the age of 93, days shy of her 94th birthday.
“It is with the greatest remorse and sadness to announce that Estelle Harris has passed on this evening at 6:25 pm,” Harris’ son Glenn said in a statement to our sister site Deadline. “Her kindness, passion, sensitivity, humor, empathy and love were practically unrivaled, and she will be terribly missed by all those who knew her.”
That's a shame... still, 93 is a great run. I'll always fondly remember her as George's Mum, RIP Estelle. :(

JSmith

Loathecliff

Shane Warne, the Spin King. Unfortunately he died of a heart attack at 52... very sad for Australian cricket fans. RIP Shane, always a legend;
Not forgetting wicketkeeper/batsman Rod Marsh the day before. Heart attack again.

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Not forgetting wicketkeeper/batsman Rod Marsh the day before. Heart attack again.
Indeed, also horrible although not as young as well. I just thought no one much but Aussies would know of him here... a dark few days for cricket there for sure. Unsure if you watched the Shane Warne televised memorial... it was excellent, but very very sad. They have renamed the MCG's Great Southern Stand, now the Shane Warne Stand.

JSmith

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Great is an abused word thrown around far too freely, but Shane Warne really was a great bowler, arguably the greatest of them all (though I accept that it's not really appropriate to compare spin bowlers with fast bowlers, I haven't seen every bowler and these things tend to be based on sports people of the filmed and TV eras). He was remarkable, it wasn't just the occasional brilliant delivery which all good bowlers can deliver, he did it as the norm and reduced the finest batsmen in the world to quivering wrecks. A remarkable bowler.

DSJR

Major Contributor
RIP Klaus Schulze...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To peeps like me, he was GOD!!!!!

What a huge shame - nobody did EM quite like Klaus..

'Sequencers are beautiful!' - Oh yes indeedy and I shall play Crystal Lake in memorium.. (look 'em both up, they really are beautiful)

Last edited:
Top Bottom