• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can you give us an insight / test of THE ULTIMA SIGNATURE MAT by Marigo please Mr Amirm

Pugsly

It’s only $199? What a steal!
Yes, 'steal' is indeed the word.

"For maximum fidelity, a subtle but audible further sonic enhancement is achieved by orienting the Aida CD Mat in relation to the direction of the label on the recorded disc being played." -Wait, what...? But the disk is spinning and... the label is on the reverse side, and... huh? How are people this gullible and credulous?

"The difference the Marigo Mat makes is almost unbelievable." -There, fify.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
popcorn.gif

solderdude

Grand Contributor
help us understand what is really going on with this mat

You really don't want to know. Please let it contain its magic by not having it tested. Magic will disappear once it is scrutinized.

Katji

Major Contributor
Hi Amirm, a friend recently purchased one of these, can you do a review to help us understandf what is really going on with this mat, thanks.

There is no point. What will be measured, what can be tested? ????? It is obvious from the description there that it is 100% bullshit.

Pugsly

Hi Amirm, a friend recently purchased one of these, can you do a review to help us understandf what is really going on with this mat, thanks.

I don't think Amir needs to review this. The answer is that your friend was conned by a company that sells multi-thousand dollar cables and power cords (and those are the items that are at least capable of doing something useful, albeit at best no better than far cheaper options!)
Then again, Amir sometimes reviews power conditioners, etc. in order to show that it is bunk, so maybe if you send him yours... But I hope that he would have something better to do with $200 dollars than supporting such a painfully obvious scam.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I'll bet it works as advertised .... until it is blind tested with statistical enough relevance.
Then the magic appears to be gone based on data but the magic will work again once the test data has been dismissed.
It works this way the moment something (in this case the mat) has been drenched in snake-oil.

Pugsly

I'll bet it works as advertised .... until it is blind tested with statistical enough relevance.
Then the magic appears to be gone based on data but the magic will work again once the test data has been dismissed.
It works this way the moment something (in this case the mat) has been drenched in snake-oil.
Somehow, your final sentence called to mind the title of this film. And the final line of this clip captures the thrill of catching that wonderful last x% of audio nirvana that audiophiles speak about 'to perfection.'
Speaking of which, am I the only person who finds it annoying when people claim that such-and-such piece of equipment gets one, e.g. 90% 'there'? What are such percentages supposed to mean, and compared to what baseline? Ah well...

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Marigo seems to be lazy , no word salad describes their cables just the price :rolleyes: other snake oil vendors offers more technobabble .

kongwee

Major Contributor
I believe there is a way to measure the error collection need when using this matt.
Back in the days, you have this
cec7.JPG

solderdude

Grand Contributor
am I the only person who finds it annoying when people claim that such-and-such piece of equipment gets one, e.g. 90% 'there'?

I stopped reading that kind of stuff. :)

Pegwill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
How about testing this a much more reasonable price.

Regards

alpha_logic

Screenshot_20220127_235806.png

Also from Marigo Audio Lab - $2400 bucks for three pieces of plastic. That's a new record, I don't think I've seen the like.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don’t see the point testing vodoo, really.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Oily snakes. A whole nasty knot of 'em, all slippery and shiny and writhing about, slithering towards your wallet, hissing haughtily at your common sense.

Just grab a big stick and whack 'em.

Vain

I would like to know what the burn-in time is for the mat and the feet

kongwee

Major Contributor
Top Bottom