• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can you give us an insight / test of THE ULTIMA SIGNATURE MAT by Marigo please Mr Amirm

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It makes sense for snake oil items which are popular.

But CD mats? Can't imagine there are a lot of people buying these.

To a limit I can agree. But I would say that items that has no reasonable impact whatsoever to change the sound to the better or worse is not worth the hassle. But that is just my opinion - I've seen these magic things come and go over the years and there has never been any magic in them.

egellings

Major Contributor
My boa takes issue with the slippery slimy snake talk. His skin is dry and smooth with a nice pattern in it.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I bet these things work, and do reduce CD vibration. I bet you cannot hear any difference however. CD's can ring pretty good.

OP
R

Redver

I don't think Amir needs to review this. The answer is that your friend was conned by a company that sells multi-thousand dollar cables and power cords (and those are the items that are at least capable of doing something useful, albeit at best no better than far cheaper options!)
Then again, Amir sometimes reviews power conditioners, etc. in order to show that it is bunk, so maybe if you send him yours... But I hope that he would have something better to do with $200 dollars than supporting such a painfully obvious scam.
I dont own one, i wouldnt buy one.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My boa takes issue with the slippery slimy snake talk. His skin is dry and smooth with a nice pattern in it.
Yuck! I know snakes are not slimy and they don't usually smell but where I'm from snakes are just not familiar and are yucky! :facepalm:

egellings

Major Contributor
Snakes--a tube that's alive with a jaw on one end. Who designed that? Drag him out here.

sq225917

Major Contributor
There was an article published many years ago which mapped the activation of error correction circuitry to the position on the disk. It gave a pretty good representation of the print on the cd top surface.

It went on to explain that the discs were in some way substandard, an error with the reflective layer, making it not quite up to spec and therefore the added darkness of the print made a difference to the read accuracy, though not to playback.

Top Bottom