• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can my Sabaj D5's LCD be repaired without the OEM part?

Sintek

IMG_1759.jpeg

My D5 screen cracked a few months ago and lately has shown signs of failing completely. Sabaj, unsurprisingly, doesn't offer support of any kind.

Since the LCD is only displaying data sent to it by the firmware/OS, shouldn't there be compatible generic replacements that would at least partially work? Any ideas and suggestions appreciated.

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
View attachment 355551

My D5 screen cracked a few months ago and lately has shown signs of failing completely. Sabaj, unsurprisingly, doesn't offer support of any kind.

Since the LCD is only displaying data sent to it by the firmware/OS, shouldn't there be compatible generic replacements that would at least partially work? Any ideas and suggestions appreciated.
Sorry, it's pretty much bad news. In theory, yes you should be able to swap the part for another display, but in practice the code will have been written to drive that particular screen the way it displays data.

If you can find the part's details, you may be able to trawl the web for an identical part, which should just work. Or, you might find someone selling a broken Sabaj "for parts", which would allow you to swap. You may find someone somewhere has done some bus analysis to work out the command structure which allows a different screen to be used (very unlikely).

Sokel

Master Contributor
Seems pretty generic to me,just take it of and take some good pictures of it of all sides where all markings are visible.
They cost pennies and we will help you find one.

And measure it's physical dimensions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom