• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CammilaDSP, Roon and Dirac Live on the same computer?

I am running roon on my DIY computer. The PC has a Matrix H usb card with a dedicated LPSU Connected to a Holo Audio May KTE DAC.

I would like to dip my toes into building a 3-way active OB speaker.
If I could build the filter with CamillaDSP, use Dirac Live for room correction and keep using roon. Then all what I would need was an 8 channel dac like the Okto8 pro.

Is it even possible to chain roon -> Dirac Live -> CamillaDSP together? All on one PC.

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don’t think you’ll need that many software bits.

DRC only generates the compensation file, so it’s not actively running in the audio path. You can apply the file in Roon or CamilaDSP.

Also not that Roon can do crossovers, see here for example:

Technically, you don’t need CamilaDSP, Roon can do it all. The disadvantage is that it can’t do it for all sounds, only for whatever you play in Roon.

OP
M
I don’t think you’ll need that many software bits.

DRC only generates the compensation file, so it’s not actively running in the audio path. You can apply the file in Roon or CamilaDSP.

Also not that Roon can do crossovers, see here for example:

Technically, you don’t need CamilaDSP, Roon can do it all. The disadvantage is that it can’t do it for all sounds, only for whatever you play in Roon.
DRC cannot export a convolute file and it needs to run all the time. Also I don't think roon can be used for XO

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry I ment Dirac Live
Ah! That’s something different ;)

Yea, you can run Dirac Live, and CamilaDSP for crossover. However Dirac Live may be a bit redundant since you can just as well get the same functionality with CamilaDSP and the tool that I already posted. There are others as well. But Dirac Live is very convenient and simple to use, so it has it advantages and value.

Top Bottom