• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

ubiq

Forum Donor
hi Dylan
@Buckeye Amps Thanx for the Cads images. Could you tell us how do you deal internally regarding the differences of voltage in RCA vs XLR inputs in the preamplifier section ?
I mean, what kind of power output differences, or whatever differences, should we expect, if any, when plugging, for example, a Wiim pro plus (2V, rca) versus a topping D70 (4V, xlr)?
Sorry if it sounds dumb.

Last edited:
OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
hi Dylan
@Buckeye Amps Thanx for the Cads images. Could you tell us how do you deal internally regarding the differences of voltage in RCA vs XLR inputs in the preamplifier section ?
I mean, what kind of power output differences, or whatever differences, should we expect, if any, when plugging, for example, a Wiim pro plus (2V, rca) versus a topping D70 (4V, xlr)?
Sorry if it sounds dumb.
It will depend on what amp config you purchase. Gain will be configured to be similar (like we have tried to do on our input boards if you look at our amp specs between say the Purifi and NCx500).

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Dimensions are as follows:

12" wide
14.75" deep (does not include binding posts
3.75" high (includes feet)

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
is that a flat impressed panel on the front or some kind of screen or touchscreen?

ubiq

Forum Donor
Gain will be configured to be similar (like we have tried to do on our input boards if you look at our amp specs between say the Purifi and NCx500).
Hi
Thx for the reply Dylan.
I'm not sure to get it when you say "similar", or maybe my question was not clear; I mean, will the 3 gains settings still exist, in let's say a NCx500 based version, or is it gone and replaced by something else, something "fixed"?

Last edited:
OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi
Thx for the reply Dylan.
I'm not sure to get it when you say "similar", or maybe my question was not clear; I mean, will the 3 gain settings still exist, in let's say a NCx500 based version, or is it gone and replaced by something else, something "fixed"?
Ahh, my apologies.
Let me double check, as this was something that was kicked around (whether set or variable).

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi
Thx for the reply Dylan.
I'm not sure to get it when you say "similar", or maybe my question was not clear; I mean, will the 3 gain settings still exist, in let's say a NCx500 based version, or is it gone and replaced by something else, something "fixed"?
No external gain switches.
The XLR input (4v) is being used as the max output level, with 6dB of gain being applied to the RCA input to be the same output level as the XLR.
The NCxxxMP builds will have 0dB of extra gain applied (as they are default 26dB gain).
For the Purifi and NCx500 builds, I have internal gain switches (from 4dB to 11dB).

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Buckeye Amps. Hi Dylan. I just want to apologize for not being very responsive to your trying to help me the other day with the issue I was having regarding understanding the gain of a bi or tri amp'd system versus amplifier power output. I have a much better understanding after @DonH56 wrote a extensive lesson regarding gain for me in the thread. I simply did not understand what you where trying to assist me with. Thankssss... :D

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@Buckeye Amps. Hi Dylan. I just want to apologize for not being very responsive to your trying to help me the other day with the issue I was having regarding understanding the gain of a bi or tri amp'd system versus amplifier power output. I have a much better understanding after @DonH56 wrote a extensive lesson regarding gain for me in the thread. I simply did not understand what you where trying to assist me with. Thankssss... :D
No apology needed!

I am not always the best at clarifying what is in my mind out into words. People like @DonH56 are INCREDIBLY skilled at doing just that.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It is a screen (not touch screen). The amp will also come with a remote
I really think a touch screen is a bit silly. I can’t imagine sitting on the floor with an integrated making selections and then move to a listening spot in my use case. Is it a nice to have? I guess? To me it’s a bit like having a touch screen tv where the remote does it all. Just added $$$ but no real value.

MusicMan77

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Awesome. When does the eARC module arrive? :)
Once concrete release date is announced for the base integrated I will also have a ball park of the expansion module eta (and final features on it)

renoxd

It looks great, but one thing bothers me. This thing is 14.75" deep. It's almost 40 cm. Too deep for me. My piece of furniture on which the amplifier can stand is 38 cm.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
It looks great, but one thing bothers me. This thing is 14.75" deep. It's almost 40 cm. Too deep for me. My piece of furniture on which the amplifier can stand is 38 cm.
Understood, but for all the configurations we want to support, it needs that depth.

renoxd

Almost all normal living room furnitures (without counting some specific audio racks) have more width than depth. I'm not sure if this is a right way to go. I totally understand that you must have more space inside, but why in depth?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Almost all normal living room furnitures (without counting some specific audio racks) have more width than depth. I'm not sure if this is a right way to go. I totally understand that you must have more space inside, but why in depth?
Due to the layout of the builds, specifically the Purifi/NCx

Top Bottom