• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bricks List: 36V & 48V Power Supplies (for Fosi, Aiyima etc.)

MCH

Major Contributor
Guys, I just realised meanwell has what it looks like a new series of very basic passive cooling PSUs at a very attractive price point (<30 eur +vat) that could be a decent match for there aiyima/fosi amps.

LRS-200N2

Pros (in my book):
- Passive cooling
- Price, most specially being passive
- Size is still ok
- 204-212 W 200% peak power
- Meanwell
Cons:
- no enable pin (-> no trigger input) no anything else functionality wise
- max 212W in case you need more

Any experience or opinions?

lewdish

Is the Fosi GaN 48V phyiscally smaller than the normal 48V? I do think power bricks are getting quite large and Id like to keep the footprint around things smaller.

doug s.

Is the Fosi GaN 48V phyiscally smaller than the normal 48V? I do think power bricks are getting quite large and Id like to keep the footprint around things smaller.
i think you need to query fosi re: size of the gan power supplies.

doug s.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
pardon if this has already been posted.......

A vendor called 'HiFi Made Fun' (Fosi Audio ?) is selling a 'Fosi Audio' 48 volt 10 ampere power supply unit - listed as compatible with various Fosi Audio amplifiers, for $109.99 on Amazon (USA).

The power supply unit carries the brand name of 'Huntkey'

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Who am I to try to convince the OP or anyone else that trying to source a "linearPS'' can be thought of as insurance policy against noise gremlins ("Noise Insurance")?
But I would implore anyone that is interested in buying a PS (a brick or otherwise) to - at least - attempt to seek a specification# for the value of the noise in the DC output rail(s) of the considered power supply.
Remember that this is strictly a noise insurance and my +1 suggestion is to look for a -80dB figure in that noise (hopefully less than 10mV peaks as viewed in a 10MHz 'scope).

Marios81

I have a Bt20a pro with a mean well Lrs 350 36v 9.7a psu. Do you think a 48v 5a would be better? Deliver more power? We need more volts or more ampere? Unfortunatly i dont have another psu to compare thats why i ask you. Thank you...

Idrago

Hello, dear colleagues, my experience, at the beginning I used the 48V PSU with 5A of 240W and I noticed that FOSI V3 and BT20A were obviously thermally burning and I looked for solutions, the first and the simplest one was to slightly raise the amp V3 and BT20A by mounting silicone feet he dresses the existing ones, they can be found in commerce, it was ok for the beginning with the mention of aesthetic appearance. The next version is also simple, I used the 36V power supply with 6A, 216W, power at the audition similar to the 48v PSU without heating up. In addition, I have also prepared additional thin self-adhesive radiators with suitable dimensions to be mounted under the Amp for heat dissipation.

Idrago

I have a Bt20a pro with a mean well Lrs 350 36v 9.7a psu. Do you think a 48v 5a would be better? Deliver more power? We need more volts or more ampere? Unfortunatly i dont have another psu to compare thats why i ask you. Thank you...
Hello, dear colleagues, my experience, at the beginning I used the 48V PSU with 5A of 240W and I noticed that FOSI V3 and BT20A were obviously thermally burning and I looked for solutions, the first and the simplest one was to slightly raise the amp V3 and BT20A by mounting silicone feet he dresses the existing ones, they can be found in commerce, it was ok for the beginning with the mention of aesthetic appearance. The next version is also simple, I used the 36V power supply with 6A, 216W, power at the audition similar to the 48v PSU without heating up. In addition, I have also prepared additional thin self-adhesive radiators with suitable dimensions to be mounted under the Amp for heat dissipation.

SMen

I'm like many waiting on the Fosi V3mono but the Kickstarter pricing got me wondering about their power supply pricing.

The 48v 10A is $132

The Aiyima 48v 10A GaN is $80 dollars, and appears to include shipping.

That's approximately $50 difference or more with shipping, and GaN generally is priced higher (or is on Fosi's site).

I'm kind of perplexed by this! Anyone any experience or thoughts on these two models?

Top Bottom