• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bookshelf speakers with good bass response to replace my Dali Ikon 2 MK1's

OP
T

ThomDJ

Verdict: sounds way fuller, with a more prominent low end! So I'm very happy with the ES20's. Thanks everyone! :D

I'm still looking to add a little bit of tone control to my setup (mainly for late at night). I came across the review from @pma about the Audiophonics PRE-TC10 preamp. Unfortunately, this product was discontinued. Does anyone have any suggestions in the price range up to €150?

I'd love to eventually swap out the Fosi Audio V3 with a Yamaha WXA-50 if I could find a good deal. This has tone control in the app, right?

staticV3

Master Contributor
I'd love to eventually swap out the Fosi Audio V3 with a Yamaha WXA-50 if I could find a good deal. This has tone control in the app, right?
Yes, there's a 3-band GEQ that you can control from the App, or from a browser on your Mac or PC:
Screenshot_20231023-141216_Drive.png

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
I am not very familiar with Chromecast. Could a WiiM Mini or WiiM Pro audio streamer substitute for the OP's 'Chromecast Audio' device and at the same time offer the option of applying Parametric EQ to the signal ?

OP
T

ThomDJ

I am not very familiar with Chromecast. Could a WiiM Mini or WiiM Pro audio streamer substitute for the OP's 'Chromecast Audio' device and at the same time offer the option of applying Parametric EQ to the signal ?
The thing I haven't mentioned in the OP is that I also have a preamp and turntable, with an input selector to switch between this and the DAC. With a WiiM I wouldn't have tone controls for this part of the setup.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
The thing I haven't mentioned in the OP is that I also have a preamp and turntable, with an input selector to switch between this and the DAC. With a WiiM I wouldn't have tone controls for this part of the setup.
The WiiM audio streamers each have an analog Line Input. Perhaps the output of the preamp could be a source for the Line Input of a WiiM streamer. The line inputs of the WiiM Mini and WiiM Pro can convert up to 16/48 resolution. I believe the line input of the new WiiM Pro Plus streamer can convert at up to 24-bit resolution but that is above your budget and depending on the source, conversion up to 16/48 resolution may suffice.

OP
T

ThomDJ

The WiiM audio streamers each have an analog Line Input. Perhaps the output of the preamp could be a source for the Line Input of a WiiM streamer. The line inputs of the WiiM Mini and WiiM Pro can convert up to 16/48 resolution. I believe the line input of the new WiiM Pro Plus streamer can convert at up to 24-bit resolution but that is above your budget and depending on the source, conversion up to 16/48 resolution may suffice.
I've done a little digging, and I think I'm going for an SMSL A300. This has some built in bass and treble tone controls. I'll move the Fosi V3 to the office setup, and sell my NAD D 7050 I have standing there. I then only need a little HP amp / DAC, like a Topping DX1 or iFi Audio Uno.

Top Bottom