• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Better power cord?

Jazz

The current power cord on two of my overpriced powered speakers is just a typical junky one that is too stiff. But is the standard figure 8 type of plug in the back of the speaker.

Is there a better braided, more flexible, with the figure 8 plug out there? Monoprice and Amazon do not sell these braided.

I think it would be a NEMA 1-15P To IEC C7 braided power cord. I don't want an audiophile priced one. Just meets specs but is braided and, more flexible.

Even HomePod minis come with a pretty nice braided power cord. Albeit, USB 3 though. Still…
Thanks

Speedskater

Major Contributor
The above are reasonable reasons for replacing an AC cord.
Expecting the sound to change is not. (it's not in the post #1 list)

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Oh, man, has anybody measured amplifiers using different cords?

I am an atheist on this topic...so long as the cord is basically adequate.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i think its funny we havent seen many 'audiophile' figure 8 cables

but heaps of standard IEC kettle type power cables

i wonder why (well we all know why)

egellings

Major Contributor
The above are reasonable reasons for replacing an AC cord.
Expecting the sound to change is not. (it's not in the post #1 list)
Expecting the sound to change with any electrically competent cord used would be like pouring a cup of water into the ocean and expecting to see the water level rise.

Top Bottom