• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Let AVR power Multi-Channel Speakers, or Get Dedicated Power Amp for Some/All?

Danaxus

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a mini home-theatre. I have 2 active speakers (front LR), and 9 passives being powered by a Denon x4800h used as centres and surrounds. I'm a little worried that the poor thing won't be up to the task, as the speakers are ls50 metas that require decent 4 ohm loads. I want to drive at least 8 of the channels, though 10 would be preferable. I was eyeing this:
https://kjfaudio.com/product/ma-01-flexible-amplifier
but it's not only more expensive than the AVR, but seems to be shipped from the UK which has me worried about duties. Anyone have any multi-channel amp recommendations?

Alternatively, Should I let the Denon handle things alone? Or perhaps should I just get a power amp for the centre ls50, and let the Denon handle the surrounds (maybe a Topping PA7)?

Thanks for the read!

Top Bottom