• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for ideas of how to play music from my sofa, via my UCX II which is 10 feet away.

Matmah

TL.DR From my sofa I want to play music through my RME UCX II in standalone mode, and also use headphones.

In my living room, I have my studio desk that has my UCX II powering a two sets of monitors. One pair on the desk, and one pair by my TV.

My sofa is opposite my TV, so I am looking for something to bridge between the sofa and that pair of monitors. The UCX will be used in standalone mode, and I'm looking for a solution from my sofa to plug into it. The sofa is about 10 feet from the UCX.

If I am having some sort of device by my sofa, I may as well find something with a headphone amp as well, so I can use my LCD-X there as well.

I normally play my music on my laptop via usb or use chromecast for Tidal, Spotify and internet radio, but i don't mind other solutions.

My current idea is to have a WiiM Pro Plus plugged into the UCX and use chromecast, and a SMSL M300SE for the headphones.
Another solution was to use an Audient iD24 and connect to the UCX via adat, but that would mean I would always need to have the laptop connected.

Is there a better or cheaper solution, or even one which only needs one device and no laptop?

Top Bottom