• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please help……new equipment advice needed

paulrlight

Hi everyone,

I’m building a new house in Thailand. Equipment choice is a little limited compared to the U.S.

Open plan room is 6m X 9m X 2.7m. The room will have lots of hard surfaces, tile and large windows.

I’ve had a Samsung soundbar for 18 months and missing my music.

Use will be a combination of music listening and TV/movies.

I want a “simple” system, not a bunch of separates.

I’ve looked online at powered speakers and some of the small all in one streaming amps.

Budget is around $6,000 USD.

Suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0304.jpeg
    IMG_0304.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 19

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you can get them near US MSRP where you are, the KEF LS60 is at the right budget, has great sound, and is as simple as you can get for music & TV since it has HDMI input, plus DAC and amps are built-in.

I have some and they're great.

The main objection to the LS60 is also one of their advantages - everything is built-in, so if anything fails, the whole system may fail with it. If this doesn't scare you then they are worth a look.

There are lots of great options within your budget though, I am sure others will suggest some good ones.

OP
P

paulrlight

If you can get them near US MSRP where you are, the KEF LS60 is at the right budget, has great sound, and is as simple as you can get for music & TV since it has HDMI input, plus DAC and amps are built-in.

I have some and they're great.

The main objection to the LS60 is also one of their advantages - everything is built-in, so if anything fails, the whole system may fail with it. If this doesn't scare you then they are worth a look.

There are lots of great options within your budget though, I am sure others will suggest some good ones.

OP
P

paulrlight

Thank you.

They are about $7,500 here.

But, my house isn't costing $500,000 to build.

radix

Major Contributor
In terms of all the hard surfaces, are you able to accessorize? An area rug, maybe a screen in a corner, a painting or books?

Definitely getting a UMIK and REW and being able to do some measurements would help figure out if or where there's a problem, especially if it sounds too bright or its hard to understand dialog because of reverberation.

Top Bottom