• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best low budget active bookshelf speakers for FUN low end freqs listening?

Mush888

Hi, looking for a second set of ACTIVE speakers with the following qualities:

- low cost (below 300/350usd max)
- fun to listen to especially on the lower frequencies, without giving up too much on the mid and high end if possible

Was aiming for Kali lp-6 v2 but where I live they tend to cost near $500 shipping and customs included. Can stretch there only if there's nothing else worth trying that costs 100usd less.
Also not sure if the Kali's are fun to listen to, ultimately they are monitors.

Please let me know your thoughts

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi, looking for a second set of ACTIVE speakers with the following qualities:

- low cost (below 300/350usd max)
- fun to listen to especially on the lower frequencies, without giving up too much on the mid and high end if possible

Was aiming for Kali lp-6 v2 but where I live they tend to cost near $500 shipping and customs included. Can stretch there only if there's nothing else worth trying that costs 100usd less.
Also not sure if the Kali's are fun to listen to, ultimately they are monitors.

Please let me know your thoughts
If you want low end at that price, and not listening too closely where you can hear the hiss these things have, KRK Rockit 10 is likely worth a look, or Swissonic X8, both stupendously cheap. With the hiss, that's referring to the KRK's by the way. Is fixable if you fancy a project as well, amp just needs shielding.

Don't worry too much about them being monitor's, you can always EQ the top down if needed. Unless you are in a massive room sitting more than 3 meters wanting to make your eardrums burst then it's not really an issue. You'll get ultimately better quality and design/measurements.

Ellebob

Forum Donor
What brands are available where you are?
Within your price and parameters I think the Mackie CR8-XBT would be a good solution for you.

Top Bottom