• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Adam T5V vs Kali LP-6 v2

Lankku

Hello, I've been looking for budget studio monitors for my desktop setup and have come down to Adam's T5V and Kali's LP-6 v2. I can't seem to pick one, some input from people who know more than I do would be great. I will mainly be listening to music with the occasional show (will not be doing any mixing or creating). They'll be connected to my scarlett audio interface. I really don't have a reference for any monitors, I currently just have DT 770 pro headphones which I like. I also like myself some good thumpin bass if that helps. Any information is appreciated!

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Ellebob

Forum Donor
I have used both and would generally prefer the Kali but some would love the highs of the AMT tweeter. The high of the Adams I would fatiguing after a while but can be corrected with EQ. Anywhere you can listen to them?

Bust3r

I've heard these side by side, the Adam and the Kali. The Adam has LOTS of color in its tweeter, while the Kali is far more neutral and flatter sounding. The Adam AX line sounds more like the Kali but with far less color but around $800US EACH if I remember right. The bass on the Adam T5 is impressive for the little guy but the Kali goes deeper and is surprisingly more holographic while the Adam is 'meatier', has more weight to it but once the lower registers kick in, the Kali's take over.
What made me pick the Kali's is the flatter and far more neutral sound, while the tweeter on the Adam makes all highs sound the same - cymbals, chimes, etc. have a color to them that gets old fast. I heard both online thru YT first, hated the Kali's from what I was hearing, had already picked out the Adam's for purchase, and loved everything about them until I heard them live side by side, which 100% reversed my decision.
If you CAN listen to them live, that is the best way to go. I didn't expect the Kali's to sound that good and really can't recommend them enough. I went to guitar center and Sam Ash music stores to audition, so if you have one around you, I'd highly suggest to listen to them live.

Top Bottom