• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best amp to get 11 channels out of denon x4700H

Blue2kid3

Hi guys between the denon x4700h and x6700H I want a 7.2.4 atmos set up. I was hoping you guys could point me in the direction of a good 2 channel amp that would come in a bit under the price of an X6700H or do you think just keep it simple and go x6700H?

dk0r

...I don’t know if the Denon can run the LCR channels from an external amp...

@Alexanderc, why do you question whether the Denons can bypass it's internal amplifier and use an external amplifier?

For example, as depicted below, the x4700H has preamp outputs for all 7.4.2 channels which includes preamp outputs for the LCR in question.

I had assumed that the physical existence of the LCR preamp outputs implied an external amp could be used for LCR.

Attachments

• AVR-X4700H-5.jpg
    AVR-X4700H-5.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 105

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
@Alexanderc, why do you question whether the Denons can bypass it's internal amplifier and use an external amplifier?

For example, as depicted below, the x4700H has preamp outputs for all 7.4.2 channels which includes preamp outputs for the LCR in question.

I had assumed that the physical existence of the LCR preamp outputs implied an external amp could be used for LCR.
Welcome Aboard @dk0r.

dk0r

Perhaps @Alexanderc is referring to this post which indicates the X4700h can (only?) be set to either:
  1. Disable internal amplification for both the FL & FR channels
  2. Disable internal amplification for all channels
Update: Upon further inspection, it looks like the following thread outlines constraints on the X3700/4700h's ability to bypass internal amplification: So pre-amp mode only applies to the L and R channels? (2020 Denon/Marantz AVRs) Looking for some buying advice...

Last edited:

Alexanderc

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

I just didn’t want to say, “yes, you can do it this way…” without actually being 100% sure.

Top Bottom