• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advice on audessey calibration setting for Denon for 5.1 setup :)

smackmyaudio

Hello all,

I just finished setting up my AVR 5.1 home theater setup, but audio sounds way off, unfortunately, and I am in need of some advice.

Current setup : Shield 2019 going to Denon AVR x3800 which is connected to TV. I have a front Kef speakers R7 going from 2 channel amp with hometheater bypass and then aux RCA cables to Denon. I have Kef center and back speakers connected straight to AVR and SVS sub also connected to Denon that audessey setup had me put the volume at -17dB during set up.

what's wrong: Feel center channel is way too loud. Front and back speakers are way too low. During action scenes, when music kicks in, I can hardly hear it. Sometimes, I feel audio from the Center channel continues to be loud, and then music volume will get higher 5 seconds later when it should have gotten higher as soon as music in the movie kicks in. Also, sub sounds very low

Settings: Shield: I have it on auto detect audio coming it. It has options for Match Dolby/PCM audio levels and match content audio resolution. I messed around with having these on and off. Currently trying with everything off including Dolby processing so hopefully just letting AVR handle it.

for the Denon. I have audio on direct pure and auto. I got the multieq app and attached the screenshot of the calibration settings in this link :
Any thoughts of what I can change? I am a beginner to all this. I read about changing crossover to 80? I figured I can manually adjust the speaker volumes from app as well and something about limiting app curve frequency to 500 instead of 2000? Should I adjust sub volume from sub or app itself?

Thank you so much!!

Top Bottom