• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Behringer A800 Stereo Amplifier Review

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
really ? i don't wanna have the ability to change the crossover freq. I just would use the active crossover to be able to go from L/R mono to 2x the a800 2x mono
Yes really! If you want to use an electronic crossover before the power amps, you MUST remove or bypass the passive crossover.

Otherwise, you're just passive biamping, which has no benefit, with the added complication of an active crossover screwing up the frequency response.

S.

Pulkass

atc

atc scm12 pro. I don't have it now but would buy the Behringer cx2310. but I doubt I buy it if I have to open the atc. thanks for your help
Don t do absolutely anything, the ATC is a very good monitor, no electronic X over needed whatsoever, spend on very rigid, heavy, damped, de coupled stands, for my two way bookshelf l m using Yamaha studio stands, high, perfect. Unfortunately no more produced, l filled them with sand. I m using the electronic X over for my DIY behemoths, born with no cross overs. 3 stereo amps Behringer and one crown XLS for the subwoofer. Spend on room treatment too.

backfisch321

Don t do absolutely anything, the ATC is a very good monitor, no electronic X over needed whatsoever, spend on very rigid, heavy, damped, de coupled stands, for my two way bookshelf l m using Yamaha studio stands, high, perfect. Unfortunately no more produced, l filled them with sand. I m using the electronic X over for my DIY behemoths, born with no cross overs. 3 stereo amps Behringer and one crown XLS for the subwoofer. Spend on room treatment too.
yeah I stopt my plan again. I am using just 1 stereo a800 again. but the acts now with a cheap sub. I am very happy now. Its amazing how a sub can change the sound of your monitors. It kinda helps the overall sound from bottom to top a lot. even if the sub is very low in volume the sound becomes more 3d everything is more real. adding a sub is definitely a better option to add quality to your speakers. Thanks anyway @Pulkass and @sergeauckland

Pulkass

yeah I stopt my plan again. I am using just 1 stereo a800 again. but the acts now with a cheap sub. I am very happy now. Its amazing how a sub can change the sound of your monitors. It kinda helps the overall sound from bottom to top a lot. even if the sub is very low in volume the sound becomes more 3d everything is more real. adding a sub is definitely a better option to add quality to your speakers. Thanks anyway @Pulkass and @sergeauckland
I have been having this huge 18 incher subwoofer sitting idle for two years, now it s working and giving that kick to my sound image. !

Top Bottom