• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bass Shaker in riser/platform

tabenny

I installed 2 Dayton bst-300ex on the riser/platform. I tried Fosi amp, but the power supply was not enough and bass shakers were not giving anything unless volume is increased to a very high level. I was doing the research about cheap amps, but in all the cases its about the power supply which really drives the amps to the wattage each of them publish.

I am having an old Denon AVR(S640H). I connected the RCAs to Phono input, changed the speaker config just to have front speakers and set them as "Large", the bass shaker was really shaking to an uncomfortable level . I changed the source level to 0, changed the speaker level to -12db and its still shaking a lot until I reduced the gain on the avr.

There is a problem here. The platform is shaking(bass shakers are under the couch I have) and only the feet is feeling it. When I move around on the platform the shaking is not felt beyond couple of feet from the shakers.

Will it make difference if I put the bass shakers on a bigger piece of plywood(thicker too) and attach to the platform? I am just trying to get that feel to a wider area of platform.

I am so happy that I decided to get bass shakers. I am still trying to find the optimum level of gain in the avr(used as bass shaker amp). I feel its cheaper to get an old avr to use as amp for bass shaker than getting dedicated amp(s)

ooheadsoo

Forum Donor
The avsforum guys put their platforms on bicycle inner tubes so the exciters will move the entire platform.

Top Bottom