• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

bass boost in qudelix 5k similar to sony xm4 settings

bkjernisted

In the sony xm4 headphone app you can slide a slider to the right or left to change the amount of base. How do you do this in the qudelix 5k equalizer?

Thanks

staticV3

Master Contributor
If you want to replicate the bass boost available in Sony's companion app, then you'll first have to find frequency response graphs of the xm4 at different bass settings.
Unfortunately I'm not aware of any measurements like that, so you might have to ask someone to make some.

If you don't care about replicating the bass boost precisely, then you can just set the EQ in the Qudelix App to GEQ and play with the sliders (right pic):
eq2.jpg

OP
B

bkjernisted

staticV3, thnks for your suggestions. I now have exactly what I want. I use the dance preset, set my volume to 69, and push the right volume slider right to the top. The +6 gain gives me what I was looking for. In a week I will have a 2.5 mm cable for my headphones, so there should be a slight improvement over what I have now. With my decibel meter set between my earpads, there is a reading of right around 75 decibels. The qudelix 5k seems to be working perfectly with my setup. Thanks again.

OP
B

bkjernisted

staticV3, can a mojo2 be Eq'd with a Qudelix 5k?

Thanks
Brent

staticV3

Master Contributor
staticV3, can a mojo2 be Eq'd with a Qudelix 5k?
No. The 5K only has analog outputs and the Mojo2 only has digital inputs. You can't connect them to each other.
However, the Mojo2 has its own, internal EQ, so you could use that instead of the 5K.

OP
B

bkjernisted

Thanks staticV3 for the info. I may get the Mojo 2 knowing this.

OP
B

bkjernisted

staticV3, can I EQ the topping d50s and a50s with the Qudelix 5k and how do I connect them from my source. Thanks

staticV3

Master Contributor
The Topping D50s only has digital inputs, just like the Mojo2. You can't connect the Qudelix to it.

You can connect the Qudelix 5K to the A50s using a 3.5mm to RCA cable
12789_1024x1024.png

OP
B

bkjernisted

Can I go from the analog out on the d50s with an rca to type c adapter into the Qudelix 5k to EQ the output of the d50s? My adapter is bi-directional.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Can I go from the analog out on the d50s with an rca to type c adapter into the Qudelix 5k to EQ the output of the d50s? My adapter is bi-directional.
No. You cannot input analog audio into the 5K.

OP
B

bkjernisted

Can I go rca out on the d50s into rca in on the a50s and then rca out on the a50s into the Qudelix 5k using the bi-directional type c to rca adapter? Thanks

staticV3

Master Contributor
Can I go rca out on the d50s into rca in on the a50s and then rca out on the a50s into the Qudelix 5k using the bi-directional type c to rca adapter?
Again: You cannot do RCA -> Qudelix. It doesn't work, no matter what kind of adapter you have.

What you can do is RCA -> ADC -> USB -> PC -> USB -> Qudelix 5K

OP
B

bkjernisted

Would these electronic products allow you to use the digital EQ on the Qudelix 5k? Connecting the prozor analog to digital convertor to the analog out on the a50s and the coax out to coax splitter then connected to the rca to type c bidirectional splitter into the Qudelix 5k? Then you shoud be able to EQ your headphones or powered speakers through the 3.5 mm output of the Qudelix 5k. Thanks

OP
B

bkjernisted

If you want the links to the 2 splitter products and the analog to digital convertor , let me know and I can post the links here. Thanks

staticV3

Master Contributor
@bkjernisted
The only devices you can connect to the 5K's USB input are PCs, laptops, phones, tablets, Raspberries, etc.
Anything that has an operating system and can act as a USB host.

I can only find Prozor DACs, not ADCs. You can't connect a DAC to the A50s output.
If you have the links, I'd appreciate if you send them.

staticV3

Master Contributor
do you have a link to the rca to type c bidirectional splitter as well?

Top Bottom