• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"Bamboo Project" : Dual Mono 3E Audio 480-1-29A Amplifier

rsqt

@daniboun
You said that you were very impressed by the new Loxjie. In comparison to your new double mono amp what is your opinion regarding sound quality?

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
@daniboun
You said that you were very impressed by the new Loxjie. In comparison to your new double mono amp what is your opinion regarding sound quality?
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't remember talking about the Loxjie) On the other hand, the Sabaj A30A does, and it's a great amp!

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I could use some more bamboo in my system! ;)

Attachments

• My Gear.jpg
    My Gear.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 220

Canuck57

Forum Donor

rsqt

@daniboun
You are right, sorry. It was the Sabaj A30a. Regarding the higher notes which one would you prefer? The STA516Be has not so much "problems" in the higher notes I think, only between 2-6khz.

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
@daniboun
You are right, sorry. It was the Sabaj A30a. Regarding the higher notes which one would you prefer? The STA516Be has not so much "problems" in the higher notes I think, only between 2-6khz.

Both amps sound really good. With the flat EQ enabled, the Sabaj A30A is close to the Dual mono 3E Audio. We dont have measurements for the Sabaj A30A but I am almost sure it would reach about 100/102db Sinad @5W.... I wish Amir could review it )))

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
Différences entre le stéréo et le double mono ?
Hi

Thanks. Both mono and stereo modules are pretty close. The ASR measurements confirm that the mono module is a bit more powerful but if you dont need power : making your own project with a stereo module will be cheaper )
I am in the process of making a new project that I will share soon :)

Canuck57

Forum Donor
Hi

Thanks. Both mono and stereo modules are pretty close. The ASR measurements confirm that the mono module is a bit more powerful but if you dont need power : making your own project with a stereo module will be cheaper )
I am in the process of making a new project that I will share soon :)

I'm anxious to see you're new project!

natna

@daniboun
Forgive my ignorance, about the following question.

If I do this project with the amp modules in separate boxes and one big PSU in a 3rd box, powering both amps, technically we still have a Dual Mono design?
My consern is to achieve the lowest possible Crosstalk.
I know that the best (concerning Crosstalk) is to have 2 PSUs and 2 modules as Monoblocks. But it's more expensive.

Should the common ground in the 3 box solution, limit my effort for the best Crosstalk? (or even worse create ground loops?)

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
@daniboun
Forgive my ignorance, about the following question.

If I do this project with the amp modules in separate boxes and one big PSU in a 3rd box, powering both amps, technically we still have a Dual Mono design?
My consern is to achieve the lowest possible Crosstalk.
I know that the best (concerning Crosstalk) is to have 2 PSUs and 2 modules as Monoblocks. But it's more expensive.

Should the common ground in the 3 box solution, limit my effort for the best Crosstalk? (or even worse create ground loops?)

In the literal sense of the term, amps in which each module has its own PSU are considered dual mono. I don't think if you use a single psu to power both modules it will impact crosstalk or even overall performance. Just keep in mind that with a single rail power supply the power will be halved. Opt for at least a 500W power supply. The limit of the TPA3255 chip is set at 14A.
Personally I would avoid the three-box design but that’s just my opinion)

natna

In the literal sense of the term, amps in which each module has its own PSU are considered dual mono. I don't think if you use a single psu to power both modules it will impact crosstalk or even overall performance. Just keep in mind that with a single rail power supply the power will be halved. Opt for at least a 500W power supply. The limit of the TPA3255 chip is set at 14A.
Personally I would avoid the three-box design but that’s just my opinion)
What I couldn't find in the specs of the module is, if it needs a symmetrical voltage ( +V 0 -V ) in order to work. I do believe so...
And of course you need a stronger PSU to run both modules.
Thank you very much.
Happy new year!

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
What I couldn't find in the specs of the module is, if it needs a symmetrical voltage ( +V 0 -V ) in order to work. I do believe so...
And of course you need a stronger PSU to run both modules.
Thank you very much.
Happy new year!
The modules need single rail power supply (+ -)
Thanks happy new year too ))

MCH

Major Contributor
Is there a reason why the binding post holes have a funny shape?
Can I just make them round?
3724-borniers-inpage2.jpg
If you look at where the number 4 is, that is the section - between 3 and 4- that goes through the hole. On the bottom side, there is a little extra square, This is normally a little tooth that fits to the dent of the hole so that the pole doesn't turn around freely, what could jam or even make the inner cable break = You need to do the hole as indicated.

1704029294415.png

Last edited:
OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
If you look at where the number 4 is, that is the section - between 3 and 4- that goes through the hole. On the bottom side, there is a little extra square, This is normally a little tooth that fits to the dent of the hole so that the pole doesn't turn around freely, what could jam or even make the inner cable break = You need to do the hole as indicated.
BTW if you are looking for reliable binding posts I love these ones

Top Bottom