• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BACCH4Mac Pro Edition - For those considering BACCH

onion

Are you combining the GLM and ORC correction? I don't think that's a good idea.
In previous sessions (before ORC) with Edgar, he recommended carrying out RC in the other programmes prior to running the BACCH filter. With GLM and the W371s, it would be pointless to not calibrate them prior to ORC - they are designed to be calibrated for either linear frequency response, reduced reflections or constant directivity.

For now, I've opted for freq response coupled with the Olive curve. There is almost certainly a significant attenuation with running multiple RC programmes (with the Olive curve, I get -7.4dB) but it still works for my use case.

One thing I like about ORC is that it shows the actual FR after the filter is applied (the faint orange and grey lines in the plot above). Another thing - going through this calibration process revealed that to me that there are significant differences in FR at the ears based on minor changes in listening position, but the head tracking of ORC takes this into account (unlike GLM).

Gwreck

WIth ORC I am now able to hear HRTF cues very distinctly. This binaural version of quad Atom Heart Mother is crazy.

slaweks

Forum Donor
But how is it possible that the ORC apparently reduces depth of low-frequencies deeps, say 60Hz? ORC does not have access to subwoofers and main speakers separately.

slaweks

Forum Donor
In previous sessions (before ORC) with Edgar, he recommended carrying out RC in the other programmes prior to running the BACCH filter. With GLM and the W371s, it would be pointless to not calibrate them prior to ORC - they are designed to be calibrated for either linear frequency response, reduced reflections or constant directivity.

For now, I've opted for freq response coupled with the Olive curve. There is almost certainly a significant attenuation with running multiple RC programmes (with the Olive curve, I get -7.4dB) but it still works for my use case.

One thing I like about ORC is that it shows the actual FR after the filter is applied (the faint orange and grey lines in the plot above). Another thing - going through this calibration process revealed that to me that there are significant differences in FR at the ears based on minor changes in listening position, but the head tracking of ORC takes this into account (unlike GLM).
I am using it on top of Dirac.

Top Bottom