• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA: High Fidelity Cables

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
These are a bunch of nice people but dabbling in yet another cable theory, this time magnetics. They remind me of cables on scifi spaceships:

093A3076.jpg

093A3079.jpg

093A3078.jpg

This is one CD player!
093A3077.jpg

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I'm looking at the speakers with, what, hinged side panels?

Found something:

"Introducing the BafFLEX by HFC. Prototype open baffle design with flexible side panels allowing you to load your room differently. NO crossover - all drivers running full range. Ribbon tweeter has a Duelend cap on it. Front panel is bronze with a Ceracoat covering. The flexible side panels are ceracoated aluminum and decoupled from the front panel with a unique hinging system. Resonance control footers are Audio Points by Star Sound. Of course, our patented acoustic lens, magnetic cabling, wave guides and magnetic binding posts are all in effect."

Last edited:

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
Those magnets improve your cars gas mileage when attached to the fuel line too.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'm looking at the speakers with, what, hinged side panels?

Found something:

"Introducing the BafFLEX by HFC. Prototype open baffle design with flexible side panels allowing you to load your room differently. NO crossover - all drivers running full range. Ribbon tweeter has a Duelend cap on it. Front panel is bronze with a Ceracoat covering. The flexible side panels are ceracoated aluminum and decoupled from the front panel with a unique hinging system. Resonance control footers are Audio Points by Star Sound. Of course, our patented acoustic lens, magnetic cabling, wave guides and magnetic binding posts are all in effect."
Yeh I forgot about commenting on those folded panels acting as the speaker frame. Pretty unusual.

TitaniumTroy

For some reason when I see this system, I think of the movie Weird Science. Can you imagine bringing your audiophile buddies to show off your system and you have this Frankenstein mess of cables going on, WTF? If they made it look cool I might have more sympathy for them. I don't remember how this system sounded, I was too freaked out by its looks.

BTW somebody at show said he asked their guy how much for the whole system, $80k yikes :eek: Wonder what the subjectivists would say about this system? You must judge with your ears "Grasshopper", yeah whatever Golden Ear Master. Not for me but if you got the cash and can stand looking at the shiny spaghetti more power to you, I guess.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom