• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audyssey house curve assistance

heboil

Hi everyone -

I have been running my Denon x3600h with pre-outs to my older Marantz SR8001 for power. I like the sound more this way, rather than straight through the Denon. Setting levels using an SPL, there is a noticeable bump in bass with the Marantz. The problem is, the Marantz is developing a buzz that comes and goes. I have not been able to track it down, but sometimes it is there, sometimes it is not. When it rears its ugly head, I can hear it from my MLP. When I flip it over to the Denon alone, the problem is gone, but the mid-bass is thinner.

On another thread, people suggested I use the Denon, but change the curve on my Audyssey app to get that same sound. I have the app and I can do it. I have the app on my tablet too and I have a stylus, so manipulation of the curve isn't that difficult. The question I have is, what is the curve that I should try to emulate? I cut everything at 500, so I am only concerned with a partial curve. I would love to be able to shape the sound to that of the Marantz without having to spend additional money.

Thanks.

Top Bottom