• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Assistance with RT60 Decay, Frequency Response and Audyssey One

heboil

Hi everyone -

I have been running my HT/Listening Room for nearly two decades with DIY sound panels I made. It is a pretty dead room with the panels, the acoustic drop ceiling, the carpet & sofa etc. The front of my room is/was treated withe my DIY panels. The back of the room, not really treated but lots of media, shelving and collectibles. I just recently got into REW and I have been working to try and move speakers around and adjust curve to flatten my response (two sub used). I have a L+R graph that I can show here... with most of my acoustic treatments removed.

Curve Edited in MultEQ
1713283800956.png

My RT60 Decay looks like this for L+R:
1713283877572.png

My RT60 Decay looked like this for L only with all my treatment in place:
1713283951973.png

So then I tried Audyssey One. My frequency response curve is kinda ugly, but the RT60 Decay is much cleaner... but still dead. Thoughts?

Audyssey One
1713307868084.png

1713307978001.png

ThELiZ

I can’t answer your specific question, but I had the same issues with FR after A1. I couldn’t be bothered to try any harder, as the sound and plots were much better with MultEQ-X… Maybe I was going something wrong with A1, but I had low bass and boosted mids…

OP
H

heboil

I am "quasi-convinced" that Audyssey is affecting RT60. When I sweep the room without Audyssey applied, my RT60 is around 200-250 across the spectrum (and flat). But when I turn on vanilla Audyssey, my RT60 gets weird spikes (up to .800 or .900). And that is "vanilla Audyssey"... no house curve, with or without filtering at a frequency.

Top Bottom