• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophoolery humour thread

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey, it’s 4D, so it might be around for a while.

JSmith

Master Contributor
That's satire...right?
I hope not, I want one asap... nah, not really.

zBuygZS.jpg

The sunglasses... sorry wtf? o_O :cool:

JSmith

Roland68

Major Contributor

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Maybe it sounds better when you listen to it yesterday.
I would just like to take this opportunity that it's not just verbing that weirds language*. Time travel weirds language, as well.
To wit:
Lister: Hey, it hasn't happened, has it? It has 'will have going to have happened' happened, but it hasn't actually 'happened' happened yet, actually.
Rimmer: Poppycock! It will be happened; it shall be going to be happening; it will be was an event that could will have been taken place in the future. Simple as that. Your bucket's been kicked, baby.

see also, e.g.,

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How dare they call it “ASR”!

$27,000 for the top-of-the-line amp with battery power supply.

H/t the Harbeth FB group, with this mysterious photo:
1639092437505.png

And somebody’s claims to have a 145kg ASR
1639092545292.png

Gregss

I hope not, I want one asap... nah, not really.

zBuygZS.jpg

The sunglasses... sorry wtf? o_O :cool:

JSmith
Just what is there to be misunderstood??? Modifying the signal is called distortion by any definition I can find.

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This all article is very funny without even knowing it...

And he writes with such confidence, that many who read this "Some cables do make your system sound more transparent, but that’s often at the expense of color in the midrange and some low end weight.", will actually believe it.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
i just had an interesting idea....

5a8a7c6713f85d8a113d29611e254fb8.png

would anyone be interested in buying moonshine dipped q-tips (distilled strictly at fool moon)?
the patent's already pending, so don't try to steal it.....

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning
And he writes with such confidence, that many who read this "Some cables do make your system sound more transparent, but that’s often at the expense of color in the midrange and some low end weight.", will actually believe it.
Oh, there are lots of people who'll believe it. I used to be one of them. "Audio" thrives on insecurity.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
If you want "better focused electrons" (Yes really!) in your power supply, look no further than this bargain product: $2,699.00

"Through having a more precise concentration of electrons the audio signal becomes clearer and cleaner. "
https://www.thecableco.com/mc-1-professional-helix-power-conditioner.html

Now if someone can explain to me what a "more precise" concentration of electrons means I'll be really impressed. Since precise means accurate, I wonder what a more accurate concentration of electrons in a power supply really looks like.
I was going to buy one and send it to Amir so he could break it open and see what you get. Then I saw the price. $1600.00 I must get into the audiophoolery market and sell something, anything!

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Serious security in a building vs TV and Movie security has so much humor built in. John Goodman nails it on security. To most people "high security" in their home is a dead bolt on the door on top of the regular locking door handle. Hollywood and Youtubers never ask a professional about security. The first issue is always the cost, serious security costs a lot. DIY security which is a gun and a light are cheaper and easier for most people.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What do you call 3 or more audiophiles In a basement?

Top Bottom