• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AirPods Pro 2 - CNET's review and a somewhat refreshing admission of bias

melvinjames

Forum Donor
I don't often read this type of comment from the mainstream outlets:

"Let me start by saying that the average listener will be hard-pressed to notice a difference in sound quality between the old and new AirPods Pro 2. They both sound excellent for how lightweight they are, which is partially why we gave the original AirPods Pro 2 a CNET Editors' Choice award last year. But I also came away from my testing feeling that the two earbuds don't sound exactly the same, and that maybe, just maybe, the new USB-C AirPods Pro 2 sound ever so slightly more refined with ever so slightly cleaner sound.

The only problem is I'm dealing with is a little inherent bias. Ever since I learned there was some change to the acoustic architecture, I haven't been able to firmly believe the two buds sound exactly the same. So I could be wrong, my mind could be playing tricks on me. But then again, maybe not." - David Carnoy

I bet he reads ASR.

Music1969

Major Contributor
He should ask CNET to fund a B&K 5128 purchase, then he doesn't have to loose sleep about his mind playing tricks on him :D

He can dig deeper

Top Bottom