• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bought a Hiby R6 Gen 3, absolutely no genuine need for it

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Bought myself a Hiby R6 Gen iii dap to play with, absolutely no need for such a device as I have an iPhone/airpod pro 2’s/apple dongle dac but I had an itch that needed scratching, first time using android and whilst it certainly ain’t apple ui smooth it’s decent enough in use (so far), managed to get it setup and all music services I use loaded from play store without the aid of a manual or looking online so I’m chuffed with that.

Does it sound any better than an apple dongle? , couldn’t say one way or another but the Hiby does have a very cool system wide suite of MSEB DSP suite of audio settings and also manual PEQ options so plenty of potential tweaks and loads of stuff to play with. Also has switchable class A and class AB mode which as far as I can tell makes absolutely sod all difference apart from class A drains the battery faster than class AB.

53584452405_9b5baeab1c_b.jpg

Jaysz

I have one of these have tried
Hola
hd560s balanced
Didn’t really like these
Thin bass and treble not great.

Now using hifiman sundara they need to be in balanced mode to get enough power from the dap. and its a big improvement be staying with these.

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Looks like a very nice DAP there.
I have a HiBy R3 Pro (as well as a more minimalist Xduoo X2S.) Really love the HiBy software, functionality and all round practicality. For sure the Xduoo has better battery life and is more physically robust, so I use them differently, but the HiBy definitely has the edge in terms of flexibility and excellent user friendly software.
Highly recommend HiBys generic Android music player too: HiByMusic. Similarly excellent DSP and functionality. Been my go-to player if I am using my mobile phone for several years now.
Enjoy!

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Yeah I dipped my toe into the dap scene with a Hiby R3 ii and a Tempotec V3 back in late December to see if I’d actually get any use out of one and found, quite surprisingly that I did. So obviously the next thing to do was spend more money on a “better” dap so settled on the R6 gen3 due to the Mseb and peq option, I’m using the Hiby music app and it’s rather good. Only thing is I can’t seem to find a way to “add to collection” when using tidal, there doesn’t seem to be a + or a heart symbol?, apart from that it’s all good. Still not up to Apple iOS levels of UI but I can live with it.

Earlier this week I bought a pair of 2nd hand but still in unused packed condition Sennheiser Momentum 2 on ear headphones from a uk hifi forum, I mistakenly thought they were over ear momentum's so hadn't tried them out so thought I may as well see what they're like. Holy shit:eek:...these actually sound pretty good through my my HibyR6 on low gain. Listening to some electronic music with sub 30hz bass and the momentums have a real solid punch down low, the rest of the frequency's sound good as well, they also pack small enough to into the pocket of my joggers so that's a win.

I'm really genuinely impressed with them, to think i've had them sitting there all week, I was considering selling them on for what I paid - £45 , I'm keeping these for sure.

I had a look on rtings who reviewed them and they say/measured the bass response quite flat down to 10hz :oops:, that can’t be right?…surely?, for on ears?

So far on the Hiby I have a 1tb card with over 2000 of my alac files from my cd collection, 100 ish DJ mixes recorded at gigs, Apple Music, SoundCloud, YouTube music - never used it but comes with my premium YouTube sub. Dunno what else to put on it?, any recommendations for a first time android user?.

Jaysz

qubuz streams in hires some tracks are 192khz 24 bit and you can buy and download tracks in wav.

the hibby player is bit perfect.

Top Bottom